1. You can make a schedule for cleaning the house regularly. Keeping dust and pet hair in between houses that are rarely cleaned is an ongoing process. Make sure to clean the surface with a damp cloth from dust.
2. Start by stopping the use of shoes into the house. You can provide a special place to store shoes to minimize the entry of dust into the house. Provide interior and exterior doormats to minimize dirt from shoes brought by visiting guests’ footwear.
3. Optimizing the work of the vacuum cleaner in your home. You can get one package with a HEPA filter to minimize the possibility of dust in your house, a room that you and your family members often use to relax. Make sure to choose a vacuum cleaner with a dust bag storage that can be changed easily so that dust doesn’t get scattered.
4. Dust usually settles more on the lower surface such as tile mats or carpets. If you use a carpet in your family room, you should be extra routine in cleaning the dust that may nest in the carpet and interfere with family health, especially those with allergies.
5. Store all food in airtight containers. Leftover food that you often store anywhere increases allergies in family members (who previously experienced allergies). The possibility of contamination with dust and mold, besides that from a cleanliness point of view it can cause health problems.
6. Use natural air fresheners to avoid chemicals that can cause allergies in family members. It’s easy enough for you to find a safe and effective air freshener, such as by using aromatherapy.
7. Cover mattresses and pillows when not in use. This is to avoid family members who are allergic to dust, especially in children, make sure to change the sheets regularly. The thing that you should pay attention to next is your child’s room, rooms that are less lighting and limited air circulation can increase the risk of developing allergies.
8. Tidy up the room where your child often plays. The children’s room, which is piled up with items, risks creating dust. Try to clean the toys and store them neatly, such as putting them in boxes after playing or keeping them in the cupboard.
9. Clean dust from bathroom vents regularly. Keep the bathroom clean to get fresh air and avoid mold. You can use several cleaning agents to optimize cleanliness in the bathroom.
10. Keep pets at least from the bedroom of family members who are allergic. You can avoid spreading hair from a room where family members frequent, if it makes you sneeze, it’s time to set some boundaries.
11. Maintain fresh air. Open the windows to let in fresh air each morning and consider using a room air filter to clean the air. Avoid smoking indoors.