How to Prevent Stretch Marks While Pregnant – Stretch marks are skin problems that are often complained of by women during pregnancy and after childbirth. This condition makes the mother feel insecure. Stretch marks themselves are purple, reddish or pink lines that appear on certain areas of the skin. This condition can occur due to stretching of the skin due to weight gain, muscle gain, puberty or pregnancy.
When pregnant, stretch marks usually appear on the abdomen, thighs, lower hips or chest. This line appears usually at six and seven months of gestation. Stretch marks caused by genetics can be difficult to avoid. However, this skin condition can be minimized by taking early precautions.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks While Pregnant
Easy steps to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy that you can do. Let’s look at some of the methods below.
Since Early Pregnancy Use A Moisturizer
You can use a moisturizer since early pregnancy as a step to prevent stretch marks. Moisturizer will keep the skin elastic so that the cracks of skin tissue will be reduced as your body enlarges.
- You should apply a moisturizer to areas of the skin where stretch marks are likely to appear.
- Use a moisturizer that will hydrate well in the morning after you shower.
- In addition, you can use oils that can provide nutrients to the skin, such as for example olive oil when taking a shower by adding a few drops of oil to the bath.
Eating Nutritious Foods
As a step to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, maintaining healthy skin is very important to do. The trick is to eat nutritious foods when you are pregnant.
- You must drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated.
- You should also eat foods that contain vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin E, protein and zinc. Where foods that contain these nutrients include vegetables, fruits, eggs and fish.
In addition, you can ask your doctor to find out how much, as well as what types of healthy foods are good for consumption.
Controlling Weight Gain
In order to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, it is very important to control weight gain during pregnancy.
You should gain weight slowly and avoid gaining excess weight. To find out the ideal weight gain for you, you should ask your doctor.
Doing Exercise Regularly
Doing exercise can help prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. With exercise, the blood flow to the skin will increase so that it will help the skin to regenerate. Not only that, with exercise you will be able to control weight gain. However, things to note that pregnant women must be careful when they want to exercise. Not all sports are safe for pregnant women. So if you want to exercise while pregnant, the following tips must be considered.
- You have to choose the right sport. Choose special sports for pregnant women.
- Before doing sports, you should consult with your doctor to find out what types of exercise are allowed according to your condition and your pregnancy.
Other articles: 7 Tips for Overcoming Dizziness While Pregnant
Those are some ways to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. If you decide to use a product, for example a special cream to prevent stretch marks, you should consult your doctor first.