How to Overcome Morning Sickness at Night – Morning sickness is a complaint experienced by pregnant women, where the mother experiences symptoms of nausea and vomiting. This condition can be experienced at any time, including at night. In fact, some pregnant women experience symptoms of nausea and vomiting when they are more intense.
The condition of nausea and vomiting at night will certainly disrupt your sleep time. Well, if this condition is experienced you can overcome it in the following ways.
Also read: How to Maintain Pregnancy
How To Overcome Morning Sickness At Night
Morning sickness experienced at night is not known with certainty. However, it is most likely experienced because of changes hormone, more sensitive sense of smell and less digestive function. So, to help reduce the nausea and vomiting you experience, the following ways can help.
Don’t Sleep On an Empty Stomach
Morning sickness experienced by pregnant women at night can be triggered by an empty stomach. Therefore, you should not sleep on an empty stomach.
- You don’t need to eat heavy meals. On the sidelines of your meal schedule, you can eat healthy snacks.
- Avoid choosing foods that contain a lot of sugar because it will make the stomach feel even more uncomfortable.
- You should choose foods that contain protein. This is done so that blood sugar levels remain balanced, as well as making you feel full for a long time.
- In addition, foods that taste not too strong, such as crackers, toast or sandwiches can be an option. Meanwhile, if you want a fresh snack, you can eat fruit or fruit juice.
Drink enough water
Nausea experienced by pregnant women at night can also be caused by lack of fluids.
As a way to deal with morning sickness at night, you can drink water to help relieve discomfort when you experience nausea. Just don’t drink too much water because it will make your stomach feel full.
Keep out strong odors
When you are pregnant, your smell will be more sensitive. This is because the volume of blood flow increases by up to 50% when pregnant. The effect is that blood circulation to the brain will be faster. This will create an increased response to something, including the sense of smell. When you smell a sharp aroma, the body will react like nausea.
- Therefore, as a way to avoid it, you can keep objects that have a strong aroma from around you.
- In addition, you can prevent morning sickness at night by opening the window slightly so that the room has fresh air before you sleep.
- You can also try using aromatherapy in the room. Some fragrances such as mint, lemon and green tea will help relieve nausea.
Trying Alternative Medicine
Based on several studies, ginger can help reduce nausea and vomiting experienced during pregnancy. When you experience morning sickness at night, you can drink ginger water to relieve it.
Please boil 5 cm of fresh ginger in 1 cup of hot water for about 10 to 20 minutes. If you have certain health problems, it is better for you to consult your doctor before using them.
If the morning sickness you are experiencing is severe, and you experience signs of dehydration and weight loss, immediately consult your doctor to get the right treatment.