When pregnant, a woman will experience various changes and complaints. Sometimes the complaints experienced can interfere with comfort, one of which is sleep disorders. Sleep problems experienced during pregnancy will cause interrupted rest time.
Several things can cause decreased quality of sleep during pregnancy, including health problems, fatigue and changes in hormone levels. If this condition is not treated quickly, it can trigger stress caused by insomnia.
Other interesting articles: How to Overcome Back Pain During Pregnancy
You can overcome this sleep disorder by adopting some healthy habits that can help improve the quality of your sleep. Well, below are some easy tips to improve sleep quality during pregnancy.
Easy Tips to Improve Sleep Quality While Pregnant
It is important to improve the quality of sleep during pregnancy. Lack of sleep in pregnant women can cause health problems. Let’s take a look at the following easy tips to improve sleep quality during pregnancy.
Doing a routine before bed
To get quality sleep time, you can try a routine before bedtime. Apart from improving sleep quality, it will also reduce the chances of insomnia.
- You can plan your bedtime, for example, starting with getting used to sleeping at the same time, and avoiding using electronics or cell phones before you sleep.
- Do other activities that can trigger drowsiness, for example enjoying the fragrance of aromatherapy or taking a bath using warm water.
You can actively move by doing light exercise. Moderate exercise will be able to relax the body’s muscles and improve sleep quality during pregnancy.
You can do light exercise such as pilates, pregnancy yoga or stretching exercises before bed. However, it would be better before doing sports you should first consult a doctor. Whether your condition allows for exercise or not because the condition of pregnancy for each mother is different.
Apply the Right Diet
When pregnant, it is very important to adopt a healthy and proper diet. In addition, when you are pregnant, your enlarged stomach will make your stomach depressed so that it can trigger stomach acid to rise up into the esophagus.
- To prevent this you can avoid consuming foods that taste sour, fried and spicy foods.
- You should also adjust your meal portions into smaller but frequent portions.
- Eating snacks with ingredients protein height you can do before bed, like a glass of milk.
- After 7 pm you should limit your fluid intake. This is done to prevent the urge to urinate excessively.
- In the afternoon you should avoid caffeine consumption.
Choose a comfortable sleeping position
When sleeping, you should choose a comfortable position. However, avoid lying on your back for a long time as this position can put pressure on your back. You can try the following sleeping positions.
- You can sleep on your left side so that blood flow to the uterus and fetus becomes smooth.
- Sleep on your left side with your knees and hips bent. Between your knees you can tuck a pillow, under your stomach, and behind your back.
Those are some tips to improve sleep quality during pregnancy. If you still can’t sleep every night you can consult a doctor.