How to deal with breast pain during pregnancy – One of the changes that a pregnant woman can experience is an enlarged chest and becomes more sensitive, it is not uncommon for the breast to feel sore and uncomfortable. The pain that appears in the breast will disturb the comfort of pregnant women. Sore breast conditions during pregnancy are common. In general, this condition will begin during the fourth or seventh week and will last throughout the first trimester.
How to deal with breast pain during pregnancy
There are ways you can do to reduce pain in the breasts during pregnancy, namely as follows.
Compress Using Cold Water
Compressing certain body parts that feel sick is an effective way to reduce the discomfort it causes. Well, this method can also be done to deal with breast pain during pregnancy.
- First of all, take a clean towel. Then place it on your chest and breast area that feels sore.
- After that, please stick the ice cubes on top and wait for a few moments.
- You can feel the cold sensation and make sure you are relaxed. Gradually, the pain you experience in your breasts will decrease.
Shower Using Warm Water
If you are not strong with a cold compress, you can do another way, namely taking a shower using warm water. With warm temperatures the tense muscles around the breast will relax. However, there are some mothers who still feel pain and discomfort even after taking a warm shower.
Therefore, the way you can do is wash warm water slowly on the area of your breast that feels sore. Then give it a break before you do it again.
Avoid Touching Breasts
The uncomfortable pain in your breasts may make you touch your breasts frequently without realizing it.
However, as a way to reduce breast pain, you should avoid the habit of touching the breasts.
Using the Right Bra
You should also pay attention to choosing a bra when breasts hurt during pregnancy. Well, here are a few things to watch out for.
- We recommend that you use a bra made of flexible and stretchy material.
- Avoid using bras that have wires.
- You can try using a special bra for pregnant women or a special sports bra. This will help you reduce pain.
Use a Bra While Sleeping
Removing a bra while sleeping is known to maintain breast health. It’s just that, for pregnant women who experience breast pain, it’s even more advisable to wear a bra while sleeping. Using a bra while sleeping will help reduce breast pain. Because the breast is supported by a bra so that the pain and pressure that arise will be reduced.
- Make sure you use a comfortable bra while sleeping.
- You can use a bra that is larger in size so you can sleep soundly without being disturbed by pain.
Please note, although breast pain is a natural thing, there are several conditions you should be aware of, such as lumps in the armpits, nipple discharge and lumps in the breasts. You should immediately consult a doctor if you experience breast pain that gets worse or is accompanied by some of the symptoms above.