How to Maintain a First Trimester Pregnancy – Maintaining pregnancy is very important to ensure the condition of the fetus and mother remains healthy. The first trimester of pregnancy is an important time for the growth and development of the baby in the womb.
You must always be careful in carrying out activities and meet the nutritional intake your little one needs in the womb. There are many ways you can do to maintain the first trimester of pregnancy, some of which are as follows.
How to Maintain a First Trimester of Pregnancy to Stay Healthy
Maintaining the health of pregnancy is an effort to prevent problems that can occur to mothers or babies in the womb. Here are some ways to maintain the first trimester of pregnancy.
Increase the consumption of water
Water has many health benefits. It is advisable to drink lots of water to prevent risks dehydration. Likewise for pregnant women, the mother must increase the consumption of water to maintain the health of the little one in the womb.
Therefore, as a way to keep your pregnancy healthy, you must consume enough water. In general, pregnant women should drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. The mother’s body requires a lot of fluids for the growth and development of your little one in the womb. In addition, if you consume enough water, it can prevent various problems that will occur in amniotic fluid. The amount of amniotic fluid that is too little or too much will have an impact on the fetus.
Eating Healthy Food
When you are pregnant, of course more nutrients and nutrients are needed for the development of your little one in the womb. There are several nutritional needs that must be consumed by pregnant women which have a role to support the growth and development of the little one in the womb, such as calcium, folate, iron and fiber.
- To meet these nutritional needs, you can eat healthy foods such as salmon, lean meat, eggs, fruits with vitamin C content, green vegetables and wheat-based foods.
- Avoid consuming foods that are not good for your health or pregnancy.
- To find out more details about eating the right foods during the first trimester of pregnancy, you can consult your doctor or midwife. Ask about foods that are good for consumption and should be avoided in order to maintain a healthy womb.
Meeting the needs of rest is very important during the first trimester of pregnancy. In general, complaints that you experience such as nausea will cause you to experience sleep disturbances. Getting enough rest will make your pregnancy healthier. In addition, rest will also be able to help mothers control their emotions.
- In the first trimester of pregnancy, the rest period must be met properly as needed. You can also add breaks during the day or evening.
- Create a comfortable sleeping atmosphere so that your rest is comfortable and of quality. For example, choosing the right sleeping position, dimming the lights when sleeping at night, making the room cooler and so on.
- You can also take breaks during the day to help restore your energy and energy after activities.
Implementing a Healthy Lifestyle
Applying a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy will help maintain the health of the mother or fetus in the womb. Let’s pay attention to the following things.
- Eating the right foods and recommended for pregnant women.
- Avoid consuming caffeine and alcohol.
- Also avoid exposure to cigarette smoke.
- Take pregnancy vitamins according to a doctor’s prescription, and so on.
Also read: Tips for Overcoming Dizziness While Pregnant
Handling Complaints Well
During the first trimester of pregnancy, there are many complaints and changes that can be experienced, both changes in body shape and appetite. The complaints you experience must be handled properly.
- In early pregnancy, nausea and vomiting will generally be experienced by pregnant women or it is called morning sickness. To help relieve symptoms you can take advantage of boiled ginger water. In addition, it is advisable to eat little by little and also pay attention to the intake of food consumed.
- If the nausea and vomiting are severe enough, you should immediately consult your doctor.