How to Stimulate Baby’s Five Senses While In The Womb – The five senses are the sense organs, namely the senses of sight, hearing, smell, body taste and taste. Since I was a fetus, sense system humans have developed. When a baby is born, the five senses are functioning, it’s just not functioning optimally. These five senses can be stimulated since your little one is in the womb.
When stimulating the baby, even while still in the womb, you shouldn’t overdo it. The reason is, if you do too much stimulation it will interfere with your little one’s growth and development.
Also read: 5 Ways to Overcome Heartburn While Pregnant
How to Stimulate Baby’s Five Senses While In The Womb
Well, here are ways you can do to stimulate the five senses of the baby in the womb.
How to Stimulate the Sense of Hearing
When the gestational age is 16 weeks, the little one in the womb can already hear the voice of her mother and surroundings. Your little one can remember stories or words heard when he was born and he can recognize the mother’s voice. As a way to stimulate the sense of hearing, you can do the following:
- You can read stories to your little one in the womb. This is a good habit that will help stimulate the sense of hearing. Your little one may respond like moving or kicking.
- In addition, you can also play music to the baby in the womb. However, avoid high volume because it can put your little one’s hearing at risk.
How to stimulate a baby’s sense of taste
Babies in the womb will be able to taste the food their mother consumes through the placenta. The food that pregnant women consume, as well as the taste of these foods, will have a slight effect on your little one’s appetite at birth.
- Therefore, it is very important for pregnant women to eat foods with high nutritional content.
- Also consume healthy foods such as vegetables and fruit so that your little one becomes accustomed to the taste since he is still in the womb.
How to Stimulate the Sense of Smell
Babies in the womb will be able to smell the fragrance of the food that their mother consumes and that the mother smells since the gestational age of 20 weeks. Based on one study, newborns can show a preference for certain smells. Your little one usually prefers a delicious and soft aroma.
As a way to stimulate your little one’s sense of smell, when you are pregnant you can inhale a lot of food scents or soft flowers.
Sense of touch
By 19 weeks in the womb, babies are sensitive to tactile stimulation. This stimulation can be done from touch, as well as pressure. Based on a study, it shows that your little one will feel things that happen outside the uterus.
You can try to place your hand on your stomach with a little pressure. Your little one will feel the pressure and he may respond.
How to Stimulate the Sense of Sight
When you reach 16 weeks of pregnancy, your baby’s eyes will be able to catch the light from outside.
- So, to keep the development well, you can eat foods with high vitamin A content.
- It is very important to stay away from cigarette smoke because it will have an impact on your little one’s sense of sight.
- Sunbathing outdoors will allow your little one to recognize sunlight and help stimulate your little one’s sense of sight.
Other articles: How to Control Weight While Pregnant
Those are some ways to stimulate the baby’s five senses in the womb. Hope it is useful.