Getting pregnant at a young age is quite risky, one of which is health factors. Maintaining health is very important for pregnant women at a young age so that later the delivery will run smoothly, and the baby is born healthy.
Maintaining the health of young pregnant women who are under 20 years old is actually not much different from other pregnant women of age. Well, here are some tips for maintaining the health of young pregnant women.
Tips for Maintaining the Health of Young Pregnant Women
Pregnancy that occurs at the age of 20 years is considered as early pregnancy. It is known that being pregnant at a young age increases the risk of preterm birth and low birth weight babies. Even mothers are at risk of experiencing health problems, for example hypertension, as well as preeclampsia. So, so that the health of young pregnant women is maintained, you can consider some of the tips below.
Meet the Nutrition of Mother and Fetus
It is very important to meet the nutrition of the mother and fetus in the womb. You need to know, the fetus in your womb needs nutrients from the food you eat. However, that doesn’t mean you eat a lot at once. The little one in the womb needs about 300 calories per day. So that in a day you need to add 300 calories. By keeping the portion of the meal will prevent weight gain or malnutrition problems.
- Apart from calorie needs, the body also needs calcium, iron, protein, zinc and folic acid. You can get these nutrients from various food sources such as fruit, vegetables, whole grains, chicken meat, dairy products, fish and eggs.
- To maintain the health of young pregnant women, you must avoid eating raw fish, meat, milk or eggs. Also avoid packaged foods. Packaged foods are susceptible to bacteria content which can increase the risk of infection. The chemicals contained in it are also not good for body health.
- In addition, if you have difficulty meeting your nutritional needs, you can consult a doctor.
Avoid Bad Habits
When pregnant, the bad habits that you usually do should be avoided. Well, in order to maintain health by avoiding bad habits, pay attention to the following points.
- When pregnant, usually some mothers become lazy to move. Though mothers are encouraged to be active. However, make sure that pregnant women are not doing strenuous activities.
- For pregnant women who like to drink coffee, you should reduce this habit to maintain health.
- Some habits must be stopped, such as drinking alcohol and smoking, for example. The reason is that this habit will increase the risk of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and disturbances in the development of the baby.
Drink lots of water
Not only food is considered, fluid intake is also very important to note. In the body of water will help the body’s organs work optimally. In addition, the need for adequate body fluids will reduce the risk of health problems such as constipation, dehydration, and other infections in pregnant women.
- Well, you can drink enough water every day.
- In addition, you can also get fluid intake from juice or soup. However, you should limit the sugar in the juice.
Routine Health Checks at the Doctor
Doing a health check is very important. In order to stay healthy, the tips are to regularly check with the doctor. Arrive at the time your doctor recommends. In addition to knowing the progress of your pregnancy, pregnant women who have certain health conditions will get treatment or care more quickly.
See also: How to Overcome Insomnia While Pregnant
Those are some tips for maintaining the health of young pregnant women. Hope it is useful.