Tips for Overcoming Dizziness While Pregnant – One of the complaints of pregnancy that is often experienced by pregnant women is dizziness. Dizziness is usually experienced during the early trimester of pregnancy. Although this condition is commonplace, it is very important to overcome it so that your activities are not disturbed.
Also read: How to Overcome Insomnia When Pregnant Young
Apart from the first trimester, dizziness can also occur during the second trimester or at the end of pregnancy. Some things can cause dizziness during pregnancy such as low blood pressure, low blood sugar levels, lying down for long periods of time, anemia, increased body temperature and so on.
Tips for Overcoming Dizziness While Pregnant Easily
Here are some tips for overcoming dizziness during pregnancy that you can do.
The first tip that can be done to overcome or reduce dizziness during pregnancy is to eat regularly. Eating regularly will help keep blood sugar levels stable. Well, you can pay attention to the following tips.
- Pregnant women should eat small portions, but often.
- Avoid consuming sugary foods which will cause the blood sugar level to rise immediately, but in a short time, after that it will drop dramatically.
- To maintain a regular food intake, and sugar levels to remain stable, you can bring foods such as bananas, almonds and savory biscuits.
Sufficient Fluid Needs
Meeting the needs of body fluids is very important to do. You can stay hydrated by consuming enough water. Then avoid drinks that contain caffeine such as coffee, tea, and carbonated drinks that can stimulate pregnant women to continue to urinate.
Consumption of foods rich in iron
You can meet the needs of iron which can help pregnant women avoid anemia problems. To get enough iron, you can eat foods that are rich in iron, for example poultry, red meat that does not contain fat, cabbage and nuts. In addition, if you are taking iron supplements, make sure you get them as prescribed from your doctor.
Active movement will help smooth the circulation system. However, because you are pregnant, avoid doing heavy work.
- If your job requires you to stand for a long time, you have to shift positions frequently or take turns to use the leg that you use as a support.
- Meanwhile, if your work is done for longer sitting, to improve blood circulation you can walk occasionally. Avoid sitting with your legs crossed as this increases the risk of blood clots in your legs.
Wearing Comfortable Clothes
Pregnant women should wear comfortable and loose clothing. This is done to prevent heatiness, as well as an excessive increase in body temperature. Therefore, wear loose and comfortable clothes to wear everyday. If you don’t feel like wearing loose clothes, you can drink water and use a fan to make your body feel cooler.
Avoid Bathing Using Hot Water
You may often do a shower using hot water. However, for now you should not take a hot shower.
- Take a shower using room temperature water.
- If when you take a shower you feel dizzy, you can move slowly, or immediately ask your family for help.
- Avoid using spas or jacuzzis because they can increase body temperature, which is certainly not safe for pregnant women.
Avoid Lying Too Long
Lying on your back for too long puts pressure on the main blood vessels that carry blood back to the heart. As a result, the circulation system will be hampered. In addition, the supine position will reduce the supply of oxygen to the baby.
If you want to lie down, you should lie on your left because it is safe to do. Then when you want to get up, make sure you sit down slowly. Avoid getting up quickly.
Another thing that must be considered is that you must stop smoking. Cigarette smoke is harmful to the fetus, and can cause you to feel dizzy when pregnant. So, if some of these tips have not been able to help overcome or reduce dizziness during pregnancy, you should consult your doctor. Immediately go to the doctor if you experience dizziness accompanied by other symptoms.