Of course, parents will provoke emotions when facing their fussy child. A fussy child certainly makes parents angry and often scolds their children. Sometimes, the attitude of a parent who cannot hold back his emotions can hurt his child both physically and mentally.
It cannot be denied, fussy children are very troublesome for their parents. This is common if a toddler and toddler is suddenly fussy. Not infrequently, they suddenly cry and scream accompanied by unclear tantrums. This makes parents unable to carry out their daily activities because they take care of this fussy child all day long. Maybe, among the fussy children, it is not certain what causes the fuss. If the child is already in school, maybe he will start the day crying first.
When this happens, it is better for parents to know and understand the character of the child that we cannot just guess. Children often display different characters according to their growth, sometimes being fussy and always crying.
How to deal with fussy children
Finding this, of course, parents should be calm and patient parenting and don’t fall for emotions that will end up hurting your child. This is due to the fact that toddlers and toddlers tend to be fussy and angry with their parents if their wishes are not fulfilled. If parents are easily provoked by emotions and overreact to their children, it will leave a bad enough mental state for later development. Also read: Know the Bad Effects of Often Marrying Children in Public
Sources of Causes of Fussy Children
Before doing tips and how to deal with fussy children, of course you must identify the sources of the following causes for fussy children:
Fussy because of illness
This first source is very common in children. Naturally, if children are fussy when they are sick. This fussiness can trigger you to be spontaneous with your child and even hurt your child. Sickness certainly makes your child uncomfortable and grumpy and unclear. Of course, with an unstable and uncomfortable body condition, all of this will change attitudes and behavior in children. Those who were cheerful and active will suddenly cry and become unclear and will even be more spoiled towards their parents, especially their mother.
Fussy when visiting
This fussy attitude often makes parents furious when they visit friends or relatives’ homes. No wonder toddlers often nag to go home when visiting other people’s homes. This whining attitude is caused by toddlers or toddlers who think that my home is my paradise.
Of course, they feel that there is no place as comfortable as home other than their home, especially if the environment where they are visiting is so strange and uncomfortable. Meeting strange figures outside the home makes toddlers not want to socialize with the outside environment.
Fussy because parents leave
This of course causes children to be fussy when abandoned by their parents. Parents’ activities outside that are too long will cause the child to be fussy just because they want to meet their parents. Maybe you often find that when their parents work, a child will fuss because they always want to be with their parents.
Of course, your child will feel that you are the closest and most trusted figure to him. So, it is difficult for you to do activities out there when you find your child who is fussy. Your child will feel insecure around other people.
Fussy when in new places
It is considered reasonable if the child’s behavior becomes fussy suddenly when they are in a new place. Often this makes some parents feel annoyed with the child’s reaction. Fussy children can be caused because they feel something threatens them. Especially if the child does not know the previous condition with the condition of the environment. For example, if a child is invited to seek treatment, they will feel strange about the place because they find the room completely white and the equipment that makes them feel afraid, such as syringes, ultrasound machines and stethoscopes. This kind of environment will certainly make your child feel a little scared.
Fussy in the morning
The fuss your child shows every morning or after the child goes to bed can be said to be common to every child. The time when it becomes the wall between waking and sleeping that causes your child’s attitude to be a little messy This is especially so if a child has an experience of not wearing it before he wakes up. Having this unpleasant experience, this will have an impact on the nightmare that remains when you wake up. It is common for a toddler or toddler to be fussy after waking up because he is annoyed and feels tired by the noise it causes. Also Read: Before Registering Early Childhood Education, Here Are Tips For Preparation That Can Be Done
Fussy when coming to an event
Parents, especially mothers, will make children feel stressed by their new environment. Of course, you will find a condition that requires you to bring your baby to a certain event such as social gathering, reunion or shopping. However, it is not uncommon for you to find your child who tends to be fussy and asks to go home immediately. If you do not comply, your child will cry and cry.
Of course, this will make some parents feel upset and act spontaneously and even pinch their children unconsciously. Padahl, such a child’s attitude is fairly natural because of course the child will not accept a new environment with new people. It is not impossible, a child will think that the event is not fun at all so it will make it difficult for you to bring the child to certain events.
Fussy when riding a vehicle
Of course you have experienced this condition when a child is fussy when invited to ride a vehicle. Looks like a vehicle is a place like a hell for a child. The reason is that children do not want to ride a vehicle because they feel bored for long in public transportation. Especially if a child likes motion sickness and makes the child uncomfortable with these conditions such as cold air, tightness and fatigue when on public transportation. Of course, children feel their activities are restricted because they are encouraged to sit and cannot prance wherever they want.
Fussy when asked to hurry
In general, a child does not want to feel rushed by the hasty attitude of the parent. Many parents feel irritated and dizzy when they rush their children away. Children who are uncomfortable will f
eel forced to do things like change clothes, shower, and even eat. Of course, this will make your child feel uncomfortable.
Fussy when you want more attention
Often you will feel uncomfortable with the fuss that occurs when your child asks for extra attention from his parents. The existence of a mother is considered a very valuable figure in her life. Wanting to get more attention from their parents is a natural attitude for toddlers and toddlers. After work, of course a child wants to get more attention even though his mother feels very tired.
The Right Way to Overcome Fussy Children
After we know the causes of fussiness in children, here we present tips and ways to deal with fussy children that you can do when you find your child is fussy.
- How to deal with fussy children when your child is sick. Be patient when dealing with children who are sick. Of course, your child wants to get more attention from their parents. Children who are sick should be pampered, such as stroking their hair, being carried, and asking which one hurts. If the child asks for food, feed it a little at a time and don’t force the child to eat if he doesn’t want to. Tell the child if taking medicine is something very important for the body.
- How to deal with fussy children when your child wants more attention. When you find a fussy child wanting to get attention. Of course, you have to be firm and consistent to pay attention to your child. Be gentle and always ask what the child really wants. If you feel tired try praising your child and rewarding your child for what he has accomplished that day. Awards, of course, are not only in the form of gifts, but a mother’s hugs and kisses are powerful medicines for your little one.
- How to deal with fussy children when visiting someone’s house or coming to a new environment. Try not to scold him in front of guests because this will make you feel ashamed to have rebuked your baby in front of other people. You can persuade your child to explore his new place so that the environment feels safe for him. Of course, teach children to socialize with other people without feeling afraid so that they will feel confident in that new place.
- The way to deal with fussy children when their parents leave them is certainly a very sad moment for a child. Of course to avoid this, you should avoid going hidden from a child or even lying. If parents lie, then you are indirectly teaching your child to lie too. Try to say that you will be right back soon. Sooner or later your child will understand on their own.
- How to deal with fussy children when riding a vehicle is a very natural thing with the causes that you already know beforehand. Parents should be able to invite children to talk about anything that doesn’t bore your child. Because, driving for children is something that is very saturating for children. Moreover, you will have to bring food and drinks during the trip.
- How to deal with fussy children when you come to a certain event such as social gathering is not something difficult for you. Actually, this is a natural thing for you because you meet a stranger in the environment. Perhaps the environment has become an unattractive and very saturating place for your child.
Those are some of the causes, tips and ways to deal with fussy children that you can do at this time with your child. You need to know that reprimanding and scolding your children when they are fussy is not something that is right for you. Hopefully the articles we present above can benefit you in educating children well. Hope it is useful!