Mum, have you ever been warned by a midwife or doctor because your weight increased dramatically in 1 month? Or do you feel the wedding ring is getting narrow on your fingers? Be careful, the possibility is that it is a problem of excess weight gain or obesity. Pregnancy is a moment that every mother has been waiting for. Various efforts have been made by prospective parents in order to meet the nutritional needs of pregnant women. Even various foods or nutrients given to pregnant women sometimes exceed normal limits regardless of whether the food is bad or not for the mother’s health. Until he realized it when his clothes looked narrower and his cheeks looked rounder.
Most of the weight gain during pregnancy comes from the uterus and its contents, breasts, blood volume and fluid. It is estimated that during pregnancy the body will increase by 12.5 kg. At the age of 4 to 9 months of gestation, women with good nutrition are recommended to gain weight by 1.5 kg per month, for women with less nutrition it is recommended to gain weight by 2 kg per month, while mothers with more nutrition only 1 kg per month.
Then how do you take care that pregnant women can maintain their weight, and not be obese? Here are some tips that we can consider.
- Keep eating 3 times a day, add fruit and milk, use the 4 healthy 5 perfect guidelines. Pregnant women whose body weight has increased> 2 kg in the last month are advised to keep eating 3 times, but no additional fruit and bread and milk are added.
- Avoid sweet snacks and fatty foods, eat lots of vegetables and fruit.
- Avoid large meals (rice and side dishes) before bed.
- Do exercise every morning, at least 30 minutes. So that the mother’s body looks fitter.
- To increase the amount of maternal intake, it is advisable to take pregnancy supplements that contain complete nutrition for the mother and the fetus.
- Try to control the weight gain of 1 kg per month in health workers regularly during pregnancy.