The mark on the baby’s body or known as birthmark have differences in each baby. There are babies who do have it and those who don’t. However, on average, 9 out of 10 babies have different birthmarks. Birthmarks are not in the category of danger signs on the baby’s body. It’s just that you have to recognize some birthmarks, if the birthmarks are enlarged, you must do an examination.
Birthmarks in babies vary in shape, size and color. One of the birthmarks that will be discussed is the red birthmark in babies. Birthmarks can appear immediately on the baby at birth or are recognized only after a few days of birth. You can consult a doctor if the birthmark is getting bigger or interfere with the function of the body parts. One of them is a birthmark like a red spot and also appears called a strawberry hemangioma birthmark.
Strawberry Hemangioma is a vascular disorder that occurs in the skin which is characterized by a red and raised growth on the skin surface. Generally, strawberry hemangioma birthmarks have smooth edges and hollow tissue. Strawberry Hemangioma will appear on any part of the body although Strawberry Hemangioma is often found on the neck or face. Strawberry Hemangioma has a different case in each child who has a Strawberry Hemangioma type birthmark
Strawberry Hemangioma is more experienced by girls than boys, in 10 percent of babies who get Strawberry Hemangioma birthmarks at 13 months of age will disappear while the remaining 90 percent will disappear at the vulnerable time until the child is 10 years old.
This birthmark will not interfere as long as it does not interfere with bodily functions. For example, birthmarks interfere with hearing, breathing or eating. However, you can consult a doctor to find out the condition of your baby’s birthmark, whether it needs treatment or not.
If the birthmark of Strawberry Hemangioma is bothersome, treatment can be done with surgery, laser or a combination of laser and surgery. Early examination can be done to find out the type of birthmark of your child because it is different for each child so that the doctor can help you to do early treatment.
Thus, for those of you who find a pink birthmark on your child’s body or what is called a Strawberry Hemangioma birthmark, don’t rush to worry because each child’s condition is different. Likewise with Strawberry Hemangioma, not everything has to be done by laser or surgery some will disappear by itself as your baby gets older.