Research carried out that child development will reach a golden period in the first four years of life. In this period the brain cells can develop up to 80% of their potential. Therefore, for those of you who care for babies, do stimulation related to touch, touch, caress, hearing, balance, smell and taste. Here is in order to help optimize your baby’s abilities.
Here are ways you can stimulate development with daily activities while caring for your baby:
1. You can massage your baby gently by stimulating the baby’s nerves. By giving a gentle massage it will affect the body’s metabolic system and can also increase your baby’s immune system. Do it when your baby has just finished bathing, about 5-10 minutes.
2. When the baby is bathing you can provide vestibular stimulation. Vestibular stimulation or equilibrium from a neuroscientific viewpoint at the beginning of your baby’s period still needs the feeling and feel of the water swing as it was in the womb.
3. Furthermore, related to the stimulation of blood vessels in babies due to changes in temperature outside and inside the body so that it can stimulate the sensitivity of blood vessels in the capillaries of the baby’s skin surface. By giving a touch, it can provide warmth after bathing as well as blood circulation in the stomach and chest. This will relate to the opportunity to keep the body’s metabolism to work properly.
4. So that when you do related care with your baby before and have taken a bath, it can help stimulate the baby’s development. Included in giving skin care which can help maintain health and can also stimulate olfactory which helps stimulate the emotional control area in the baby’s brain. Give your baby a fragrance to stimulate the brain properly and regulate balance.
5. When your baby is eating, you can provide stimulus by giving finger food such as giving baby biscuits or vegetables and fruit that are easy to hold. By giving this food will help train fine motor skills in your baby. Occasionally you can also provide a bowl and spoon so that your baby can feed himself, at 8-9 months of age.
That way you can do daily activities that are fun and also help in stimulating growth and physical development for your baby in an easy, simple and safe way.