Indonesian people may already be familiar with prickly fruit and a distinctive sour taste.
Yes, although there are quite a lot of varieties of prickly fruit that are present in Indonesia, in fact the sharpness of vision and good sense of smell makes Indonesian people never confused by the abundant variety of fruits they have.
For example, when you are served green fruit, prickly, with this distinctive black seed, you can definitely guess this one fruit easily. Yes, soursop fruit is tempting and so distinctive. Although sometimes if you don’t see the appearance and smell it, the characteristics of this fruit are almost similar to durian fruit, but when you just inhale the aroma, you will be familiar with this fruit.
In the homeland itself, soursop fruit is known as a delicious fruit with a refreshing tart accent. In addition, if this fruit is processed into delicious juice, it will be difficult to resist the temptation of the freshness of this fruit.
But do you know? Behind this acidity, apparently soursop fruit has a million benefits and a myriad of astonishing ingredients, which are good for our health.
Content in Soursop Fruit
Soursop fruit has a high content of glucose and fructose. It is said that there are around 81.9 percent to 93.6 percent of the sugar content in soursop fruit. The vitamin content contained in soursop fruit, which is 20 mg per 100 grams of the fruit, contains abundant vitamin C.
It should be noted that the role of vitamin C in the body will be a good antioxidant to prevent the body from the risk of cancer. In addition, the content contained in it is believed to be able to delay premature aging that occurs in the skin. Wow … well … this means that consumption of this fruit can make us stay young. For that, there is nothing wrong with starting to present this type of fruit at the dining table to be eaten after consuming the main meal with family.
Even though it can be consumed freely by everyone, the consumption of this fruit is as long pregnancy also can invite considerable controversy, you know. Many people say that the consumption of this fruit is prohibited by pregnant women. According to experts, even pregnant women avoid consuming this fruit. So how come?
Well, this might make you pregnant women who will consume this fruit become confused and doubtful. In addition, you may or have often been scolded by your parents or mother-in-law when you want to taste this fruit. So how exactly is this? Can pregnant women consume soursop fruit? To answer your question, let’s look at the explanation below.
Can pregnant women consume soursop fruit?
Not many pregnant women know that soursop fruit actually has a good content and benefits for pregnant women. Some of these good benefits, including increasing immunity, preventing hemorrhoids, slowing down premature aging and many more.
However, pregnant women are not recommended to consume this fruit during pregnancy in large quantities. This is because soursop fruit can be dangerous if consumed in excessive amounts because it can cause vomiting and suppress the cardiovascular system. Not only that, soursop fruit will also cause contractions in the uterus of pregnant women which makes it not recommended for consumption by pregnant women.
In addition, the sour taste of this one fruit can cause increased stomach acid which can cause nausea and vomiting that is worse during pregnancy. Well, to find out other dangers of soursop fruit consumed during pregnancy, let’s look at a few things below. Also read: How to Recognize the Characteristics of a Pregnant Person? These 27 Common Signs
Dangers of Soursop Fruit During Pregnancy
- The glucose and fructose content that dominates soursop fruit is generally not good for pregnant women. The content of these two substances can cause health problems for pregnant women such as diabetes. If this condition occurs in pregnant women, it is likely that the baby will experience the same condition as developing diabetes when he is older.
- Soursop fruit contains folate, which will be harmful to the fetus if consumed. Excessive intake of folate when consumed and digested by the body will make the body lose the various minerals it already has. The condition of losing a lot of minerals in the body will put a newborn at risk. Meanwhile, if consumed at a young pregnancy, the impact will have an effect on the occurrence of miscarriage.
- Soursop fruit has a high fat content which will make it difficult for pregnant women to give birth. High fat in the body of pregnant women will be able to cover the path of ignorance when pregnant women face their delivery period. This of course will be a big challenge for those of you pregnant women who want to undergo a normal method of delivery without a cesarean section.
Those are some reviews of the dangers of consuming soursop fruit during pregnancy. In essence, the high fructose and glucose content contained in soursop fruit can have a major effect on maternal pregnancy, including your own health, one of which this condition will cause decreased diabetes in your baby.
So, in order to avoid the effects of consuming soursop which has a high sugar content, here are some things you can do.
Tips to Avoid the Impact of High Sugar Levels on Soursop Fruit
- Take part in pregnancy exercise or other light sports that are safe and intended for pregnant women. Some activities that are safe for pregnant women to do include walking, swimming or doing other safe activities. This will have a good impact, besides making the body fresher, exercise will also be useful for burning fat and calories in your body.
- Increasing the consumption of healthy foods such as vegetables and fruit is an important thing to do during pregnancy. Besides being useful for supporting fetal development in the womb. The intake of vegetables and other healthy foods will help you digestion so that you can avoid constipation.
- Reducing the consumption of foods that have high sugar levels is important in preventing the risk of diabetes in your body. In addition, this will also be able to prevent you from the risk of obesity or being overweight which will have a major impact on health. As we know, too much fat in the body will probably cover the birth canal in babies.
Those are some things that can be conveyed from can pregnant women eat soursop fruit? In essence, consumption of this fruit for pregnant women will be dangerous, especially if done in large portions. However, if you are forced to consume this fruit due to certain reasons such as cravings, you should first consult this problem with your doctor.