Can Pregnant Women Eat Goat Meat – So far, many pregnant women have been wondering whether or not to consume goat meat during pregnancy. There are those who argue that consumption of goat meat is not allowed during pregnancy, but there are also those who think that consumption of goat meat is okay. Which is correct? Can pregnant women eat goat meat? So that you don’t get confused, let’s see the explanation below.
During pregnancy, you are certainly not as free as before. The things you used to do freely before pregnancy, now that you are pregnant you should reconsider. It is an obligation for pregnant women to maintain the health of themselves and their babies until they give birth later. This is a task that must be carried out by pregnant mother in order to give birth to a healthy baby. Apart from adopting a healthy lifestyle, one important thing to pay attention to is food.
During pregnancy, women are required to pay attention to the food they eat. Pregnant women should be more selective in choosing foods. Mother must know what foods can and should not be consumed. In addition, mothers must also be able to control the food they want to consume. Because every food that pregnant women consume will affect the fetus they are carrying.
Pregnant women must consume foods that contain balanced nutrition so that the nutritional needs of pregnant women and their babies can be met. Sufficient nutrition for pregnancy will keep the mother healthy and support the growth and development of the baby being conceived.
So far there have been many myths about whether or not to consume food during pregnancy, including goat meat. Many people say that consuming goat meat during pregnancy is not justified. So is it true? Can pregnant women eat goat meat? Will it affect pregnancy? To find out the explanation, you can immediately refer to the discussion below.
Can Pregnant Women Eat Goat Meat?
Goat meat can be processed into a variety of delicious dishes, which is why goat meat is a favorite food of many people because of its distinctive taste and deliciousness when processed. For those of you who are pregnant, you should pay attention to the consumption of goat meat. You have to be more vigilant about whatever food you are consuming, because it is feared that it will affect your pregnancy. It is better if you consult your doctor first.
Goat meat is safe for consumption by pregnant women. However, you must pay attention to the portion of meat you eat. During pregnancy you should not consume red meat, one of which is goat meat in too much. Consuming too much goat meat is actually not good for health because it will risk increasing cholesterol and accumulating saturated fat in the body. This will make pregnant women prone to heart disease, especially if pregnant women are obese or overweight. (Also read: Can Pregnant Women Eat Canned Sardines? )
Tips for Eating Goat Meat During Pregnancy
Even though you are allowed to eat goat meat during pregnancy, that doesn’t mean you can eat goat meat without any rules. Mutton contains cholesterol and calories, so you have to be careful when eating goat meat during pregnancy to avoid unwanted things. To be safer when eating goat meat during pregnancy, you can pay attention to the following tips.
Also read: goat tongseng recipe
Tips for Eating Goat Meat for Pregnant Women
- During pregnancy, if you eat goat meat, make sure you drink plenty of water.
- In addition to the amount that you have to pay attention to, you also have to pay attention to how to cook goat meat. You have to cook the mutton until it is perfectly cooked, this is done so that the harmful bacteria in the goat meat are lost. When cooking, use at least 63 degrees Celsius.
- When cooking goat meat, make sure you don’t cook it by frying it first, then processing it into curry and tongseng with added coconut milk or used as goat satay. By cooking like that, the goat meat that you process becomes unhealthy. This is because the levels of saturated fat and calories in meat will increase. If there are too many saturated fats and calories, the risk of being overweight increases. This situation will certainly put your pregnancy at risk.
- It would be better if you process goat meat into stir fry or soup. This way of cooking will not increase the calorie and saturated fat levels in meat.
- You should combine vegetables or fruits with high calcium content in serving processed goat meat. This is done so that the baby’s nutritional needs increase.
- As we all know that goat meat is one of the foods that will trigger high blood pressure. Especially if processed goat meat is added with flavorings such as soy sauce, salt, MSG and so on. You should avoid using excessive flavorings.
- It is important to choose fresh mutton. We recommend that you avoid consuming goat meat that has been stored in the refrigerator for several days. If left too long, the potential to be infected by Listeria bacteria.
Goat meat is delicious and will increase your appetite. Even so, don’t make goat meat as your daily menu. You can vary a healthy diet. For protein sources, you can choose other healthy food ingredients to meet your nutritional intake and the baby is more perfect.
What Are the Benefits of Eating Goat Meat During Pregnancy?
Indeed, there are many myths circulating that pregnant women should not consume goat meat because it will affect the health of the mother which will have an impact on the health of the fetus. But actually goat meat contains important nutrients needed during pregnancy. There are several advantages that you will get when eating goat meat when pregnant. Come see below!
- In goat meat contains a lot of iron so that it can help increase hemoglobin, this is useful for the process of forming red blood cells. The body will absorb the iron contained in goat meat easily. That way you will avoid the problem of anemia.
- Goat meat is a good source of protein. During pregnancy you need protein intake and goat meat provides the required protein intake. Where this protein will help in the development and growth of the fetus in the womb.
- Goat meat is rich in vitamin B complex, including vitamin B12. For health, vitamin B12 has many benefits, such as helping form red blood cells, forming the nervous system and helping pregnant women deal with anemia.
- Goat meat is high in zinc content. The high content of zinc in goat meat will be able to help develop the immune system in the fetus you are carrying, and ensure that the fetus you are carrying has a healthy growth.
Thus you can consume goat meat during pregnancy, but you have to limit the amount, and pay attention to how to cook it. To avoid things that are not desirable, you can consult your doctor first about whether pregnant women eat goat meat. Hope it is useful.
This article is reviewed by Midwife Pevi Revina sTR. Keb