Many worries become a nightmare for pregnant women, that’s why many pregnant women are so careful in sorting and choosing the food they consume. It’s just over-concerned pregnant mother often makes them so paranoid, including when consuming jackfruit.
Because most of them claim that by consuming jackfruit our stomachs often feel bad, especially if consumed by pregnant women, this will possibly make pregnant women experience miscarriage. But there are also others who say that jackfruit can and is safe to consume during pregnancy. So what will happen to pregnant women, can pregnant women consume jackfruit? We see the explanation below.
Nutritional Content (Nutrition) in Jackfruit
Before we discuss what pregnant mother it is safe or not to consume jackfruit, first we will see what the nutritional content is in jackfruit. Jackfruit or known in Latin as Artocarpus heterophyllus is a fruit plant that comes from mainland Southeast Asia. This fruit that grows in tropical soil can be found in various types of dishes such as fruit ice, ice jackfruit, jackfruit vegetables and so on. Well, did you know that jackfruit contains nutrients such as:
- Jackfruit contains vitamins A, C, niacin, thiamine, folic acid and riboflavin
- Jackfruit is low in sodium, saturated fat and cholesterol
- Jackfruit contains simple sugars such as sucrose and fructose
- Jackfruit contains essential minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, magan, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Jackfruit is said to be a fruit that is rich in fiber and meets nearly 11% of the daily fiber requirement.
Benefits of Jackfruit
Well, seeing so many nutritional content in jackfruit, of course this fruit has many benefits for the health of the body. Like what are the benefits?
- Considering that jackfruit is a fruit that is rich in fiber, consuming this fruit can help overcome constipation and increase bowel movements.
- The anti-cancer content in jackfruit will be able to ward off cancer-causing free radicals
- The high and high mineral content such as magnesium will help the absorption of calcium in the body so that it is beneficial for bone health.
Jackfruit For Pregnant Women
After knowing the content and benefits of jackfruit which are good for health, now let’s see if this fruit is safe or not if consumed by pregnant women. Many people think that jackfruit will make a person miscarry. But actually this assumption is just a myth and until now no scientific evidence has been found to support this theory. The fact is that jackfruit is so rich in nutrients and benefits that pregnant women and the fetus need in it.
The content of vitamin A in jackfruit is very important for fetal development, especially helping the formation of vision organs (eyes). In addition, jackfruit is also rich in B3 which can help regulate hormones, increase immunity and control stress levels in pregnant women.