Pregnant mothers need to pay attention to their health and safety properly.
This of course is done to maintain and support the pregnancy that is currently undergoing it. Problems that attack during pregnancy will certainly have a big impact on the fetus that is being conceived. For this reason, it is very important for pregnant women to always pay attention to everything well.
Avoid doing activities that are too hard or traveling too far because this will drain the body’s energy for pregnant women. As a result, women who are pregnant will feel weak all day long as a result of the activities they are doing.
It is not only about food that needs attention to support health and quality pregnancy. All activities and activities carried out by pregnant women also need to be done carefully so that pregnant women do not get tired and their babies remain safe.
It’s just that maybe for some pregnant women, many women are still required to be able to carry out all activities and household activities even though they are two. Some mothers even have quite high mobility in their daily activities. Some even don’t hesitate to travel by motorbike so that the activities they do can still run smoothly.
Yes, now motorbike production is increasing every day. To serve consumption, there are currently many variations of motorbikes that are deliberately put on the bed to make it easier for its users. Especially now that there are many automatic motorbikes that are made in such a way as to make it easier for female consumers to drive.
The presence of this modern mode of transportation is indeed quite helpful and makes everything easier. Even long trips can be overcome by using a motorbike. Now with the presence of motorbikes, you no longer have to walk far to get to their destination.
In addition, the relatively agile and slimmer shape of the motorbike allows this vehicle to travel smaller roads so that even when traffic jams, motorcyclists are more likely to be able to handle this problem by tucking so that it is easier to get to their destination.
The use of motorbikes at this time is no longer a male vehicle but rather a comprehensive vehicle. Even women love to ride motorbikes and you will easily find many women with their motorbikes which are quite attractive. Riding a motorcycle is not a problem as long as you follow the road signs and regulations that have been made. Besides making it easier, this will be enough to make your life feel more agile and fast.
It’s just that, what if the motorcycle is ridden by a woman who is pregnant or maybe a pregnant woman is a passenger of a motorcycle? Is this safe? Well, for more details, let’s look at the explanation below.
Can pregnant women ride motorbikes?
The use of motorbikes as a practical alternative to vehicles often causes concern for most people. So it is not surprising that many people will ask a lot of the same thing to pregnant women who ride motorbikes. Regarding the problem of whether or not a pregnant woman can ride or ride a motorbike, let’s look at the following.
For those of you who are currently pregnant, you can actually ride or be a motorcycle passenger during pregnancy. However, one thing to consider in this case is to pay attention to your own health condition.
As long as your body is fit and there are no complaints with the pregnancy you are currently living, your desire to ride a motorcycle is fine. Especially if in one condition it seems that you are forced to ride a motorbike alone because you have to go somewhere and no one else can take you.
However, the intensity of riding the motorbike itself also needs to be considered, especially considering your gestational age and several other factors. For this reason, you should know the safety and condition of your body before riding a motorcycle, you should first consult with your doctor whether your condition allows you to travel on a motorbike or not. In this way, your security and safety can be properly maintained.
Risks of Riding a Motorcycle for Pregnant Women
The answer to the question, can pregnant women ride a motorbike, may be quite a relief for those of you who have high mobility. However, this does not mean that motorbike riding during pregnancy are free of risks. So, to find out what are the risks of riding a motorcycle during pregnancy, let’s look at the following.
- Two-wheeled motorbikes generally have less security compared to four-wheeled transportation because this mode of transportation does not have a seat belt so that it allows for fairly hard shocks due to sudden braking.
- Two-wheeled motorbikes also have enough stability to make mothers need to be vigilant, especially when used on poorly-rated tracks. Violent shaking on a certain path will undoubtedly disturb the condition of the uterus. Even in worse cases this may put the risk of miscarriage at risk. Especially at a young gestational age such as in the early trimester of pregnancy.
- The onset of fatigue is also another risk pregnant women who ride motorbikes may face, especially over long distances. For this reason, you should try if when you want to ride a motorbike, make sure that your body condition is fit and prime.
Things to Do When Pregnant Women Ride a Motorcycle
Although the above risks sound quite scary, this does not mean they are used as an excuse to discourage your intention to drive using this two-wheeled transportation. Riding a motorbike is fine as long as pregnant women pay attention to the following things:
- You are required to comply with the rules and safety standards set by the authorities. This is of course important to do because pregnant women need maximum security for the safety of themselves and the baby in their womb.
- Mothers who are pregnant should not drive at high speeds because this will increase the risk of the shocks that occur.
- The sitting position also needs attention. It is recommended that pregnant women sit in a comfortable and balanced position so that they do not create pressure on their stomach.
- It is better not to force yourself to ride a motorcycle for a long distance without taking a break in the middle of a trip. This is necessary because pregnant women need to relax tense muscles during the trip.
Those are some things that are important to note for pregnant women who want to travel using two-wheeled motorbikes. The most important thing when driving this means of transportation is to pay attention to your body condition so that safety and security are maintained.