Pregnancy planning to make it happen pregnancy healthy is meant to get the mother’s physical and psychological condition that supports optimal fetal growth and development. With healthy pregnancy planning, it is hoped that it can reduce complaints during pregnancy and avoid the risk of abnormalities in the fetus. A healthy pregnancy is supported by health checks before pregnancy, including checks on maternal reproductive health and partner health. Important tests will help in dealing with the possibility of genetic abnormalities in the baby in the womb.
Thus it is important to carry out pregnancy planning to achieve a healthy pregnancy as follows:
A. Enrich Knowledge
You can enrich your knowledge about pregnancy related to planning, care during pregnancy, before delivery, postpartum and also baby care from various reliable sources. If needed, you can immediately ask questions with experts so that you can immediately prepare for your healthy pregnancy.
B. Pay attention to diet
You can maintain a diet with a supportive intake as follows:
- Milk. You can choose whole milk instead of fat-free milk. Pure cow’s milk has the ability for male and female hormones. Estrogen content in whole milk is tied to global fat, while male hormones will circulate with milk liquid. Research conducted at Babyzone.com fat-free milk will result in a decrease in your fertility while consumption of cream milk will increase fertility.
- Green vegetable. Green vegetables such as spinach will meet the needs of antioxidants, folic acid, vitamin E and B vitamins that provide health for a healthy reproductive system. Furthermore broccoli is a vegetable that can balance estrogen levels and increase female fertility. For women who have excess estrogen will damage the reproductive hormones making it difficult to get pregnant, leading to fibroid problems and endometriosis.
- Olive oil. Reduce consumption of oily foods. We recommend that you replace it with olive oil. The content of fatty acids in olive oil is beneficial for heart health, body health, and cholesterol levels so as to balance a healthy endocrine.
- Almonds. Foods that contain vitamin E which are healthy for reproduction are Almonds. Treatment using vitamin E will encourage male fertility so it is advisable to consume as much as 45%. Almonds are also very good for fertility and support healthy pregnancy planning.
- Extra Calories. Also pay attention to the need for extra calories that can support your pregnancy. You can prepare it before pregnancy by getting it from various types of food such as cereals, rice, bread and pasta. Calories are useful for supporting changes in the mother’s body during pregnancy.
C. Ready to face the various changes in pregnancy
You can prepare psychologically, including the changes that will occur when your pregnancy will take place. You can get support during pregnancy from the closest people, such as your husband and extended family, so that your readiness to become a new mother is getting ready.
D. Perform regular pregnancy checks
Entering the first gestational age you should check regularly. Pregnancy examination is one part of Antenatal Care (ANC) which will prevent problems that occur during pregnancy and reduce the risk of death for pregnant women. In carrying out pregnancy checks, it will vary according to gestational age. The older your pregnancy is, the more often you have to do pregnancy checks.
So for those of you who are planning a pregnancy and are also in the period of pregnancy, you should really maintain a lifestyle, especially those that are very beneficial for the health of you and the fetus. Healthy lifestyle such as avoiding cigarette smoke, reducing fast food, undergoing pregnancy exercise and also paying attention to intake nutrition during pregnancy. Hopefully this will lead to a healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery.