Cancer is a disease that threatens the sufferer, including children. Cancer is divided into two groups, namely liquid blood cancer and solid cancer. Blood cancer is included in the liquid form of cancer. Blood cancer related to bone marrow. Bone marrow is the formation of red blood cells, white blood cells and also pieces of blood.
In children who suffer from leukemia, a problem will be found where the red blood level is lower, gradually the platelet count becomes low. So that when it is at a dangerous stage it will interfere with the brain, skin, gums, liver, bones, testes and spleen.
Patients with leukemia have excessive production of white blood cells that will enter the periphery and make leukemia sufferers become infected, lack blood, anemia and also experience bleeding. It is very dangerous if you cannot identify the symptoms of leukemia in children. To help you prevent leukemia that is difficult to identify, you can carry out early detection in children.
Leukemia in children can be caused by the human T-cell virus or other viruses such as feline leukemia and retrovirus. The next cause is parents of active smokers due to chemical substances that endanger the health of children while in the womb. To help you identify leukemia, you can identify the symptoms of blood cancer.
The following are symptoms of white blood cancer or leukemia in children:
- Your child has a fever and even sweats at night. Children more often experience fever because of decreased white blood so that sufferers are prone to infection.
- The child’s face is often pale and tired. This happens because of the decrease in red blood cells.
- Children are more prone to infections caused by decreased white blood cells.
- Children more often experience pain in the bone because the blood cells affected by leukemia enter the membrane between the bones and muscles.
- Children experience weight loss accompanied by health problems that are more susceptible to infection.
- The child experiences swelling in the neck and armpits. In the swelling of the lymph nodes, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- The child has an enlarged stomach because the lymph in the stomach has problems.
- The typical symptom of a child with leukemia is frequent nosebleeds accompanied by red spots that occur on the body. This is due to swelling of the lymph nodes in children.
If your child experiences any of the above, immediately take your child to the doctor to identify symptoms of leukemia. So that early conditions will help in the treatment of children suffering from leukemia. Thus, early prevention can help reduce the worsening condition in children.