Pregnancy has become something that is very valuable and very difficult to describe in words. The reason is, pregnancy brings us to a time when we are completely real women. Pregnancy and childbirth are indeed moments that every married couple eagerly awaits.
Talking about pregnancy, of course, there is no limit to the topic about it. However, pregnancy is a moment where a woman feels tired and tired in carrying her child. No wonder every woman who is pregnant feels her health condition is quite disturbed and also unhealthy.
Apart from this, of course this is a condition where women who are pregnant can feel uncomfortable body conditions. Especially when pregnancy begins to enter the third trimester. However, the phase felt by pregnant women is certainly different. Not a few pregnant women actually feel uncomfortable about pregnancy when pregnancy is still in the first trimester. In this phase, many pregnant women feel nauseous and also vomit and this occurs every day. So, at what gestational age can a woman feel comfortable?
5 months pregnant is considered the most comfortable period
Many people think that when gestational age enters the second trimester, or around 4-6 months. This period is considered to be the most comfortable period for every pregnant woman. Most pregnant women state that 5 months of gestation is considered the most comfortable gestational age. why it can be happened? Let’s just look at our explanation below!
If at 4 months of gestation, we still feel nausea and vomiting as well as an uncomfortable stomach condition. This is different when the gestational age starts at the age of 5 months. At this age, of course, the body can adjust very well to the activities that occur in a mother’s stomach. The bigger the stomach, of course, the more fetal activity will be in the stomach. At 5 months of gestation, you can certainly enjoy the little movements of your little one in the womb.
5 months pregnant is indeed a phase where the body and stomach conditions begin to adjust. At this gestational age, of course, the mother does not feel the nausea and vomiting which is quite heavy compared to the previous pregnancy. What is the growth of the fetus in the womb like at 5 months of age?
Fetal Growth at 5 Months
The fetus at this age must have entered the gestational age of 21 weeks where the size of the fetus is estimated to be around 21cm-22cm with a fetal weight of about 340-360 grams. At the age of 21 weeks, of course, the fetus will resemble a baby with a perfect body shape. The fetus will look ready to be born, but still has a very small size.
At the age of 5 months, the pancreas is more mature, the eyes look more perfect and the lips are starting to form. However, the eyeball and iris also need more pigment. The eyebrows and eyelids have begun to form perfectly. No wonder if at this stage, the baby’s body shape has started to form very well.
At the age of 5 months, the fetus will always experience growth and weight gain. At the age of 5 months, the fetus has started to enter the age of 21-24 weeks where each week has begun to change. We will explain the stages of growth and development of the fetus at the age of 5 months below each week!
21 weeks of age
The age of 21 weeks is the beginning of your fetus entering the 5 month gestation. At this age the fetus can grow and develop as follows:
– Fetal eyelids have begun to form perfectly
– The baby’s weight at 5 months is heavier than the placenta
– The vagina in baby women will continue to form and develop until the age of birth
– The fetus is already moving, while its digestive organs are getting ripe
– The fetus has started to get oxygen from the body of the pregnant woman through the placenta. Even though the lungs are not functioning properly, the baby has begun to be able to practice breathing to prepare themselves outside the womb.
– The fetus’s body has started to overgrow with fine hairs called lanugo and has a pretty good role in keeping the baby’s temperature warm. This lanugo hair will disappear by itself before the fetus is born.
22 weeks of age
At this age, the fetus has begun to experience rapid growth compared to the age of 21 weeks. The development and growth of the baby begins to be characterized by:
– Baby’s eyes that have started to form perfectly
– A baby’s body that is proportional, but still thinner than a newborn
– The baby’s nails have started to grow on the tips of the fingers
– The baby is able to swallow amniotic fluid and is a sign that his digestion has started to improve and can be used as well as possible.
23 weeks of age
When the fetus has entered the age of 23 weeks, the growth and development of the fetus has been marked by:
– The hearing is getting perfect
– The fetus can hear sounds and heartbeats in your stomach including outside sounds such as dogs, TV, music and conversations that occur outside the womb
24 weeks of age
At the age of 24 weeks, the fetus has actually experienced near-perfect growth and development. In this phase, the fetus has experienced the following signs:
– The baby’s brain has started to develop rapidly
– Fingerprints have started to form
– The fetal lungs have started to develop quite well and form respiratory branches
– At this age, the fetus has started to have fat even though it has very weak and thin skin
– At the age of 24 this week, the fetus has begun to measure about 30 cm with a weight of about 600 grams
– Even though they are born prematurely, babies born at this age have a chance to survive because their internal organs and vital organs can function properly even though they are not yet perfect
Changes that occur in the mother’s body
Weight gain and also a growing body shape is certainly a sign that your pregnancy is progressing. At 5 months of gestation, a pregnant woman’s weight gain can reach 5kg-7kg. After that, a pregnant woman’s weight gain can range from 200-250 grams per week.
When nausea and vomiting are not there during pregnancy. This phase is certainly the most enjoyable moment for pregnant women. Apart from the fetus that is not too big, this gestational age is indeed the most comfortable phase where the body of the pregnant woman has not experienced a significant increase.
Gestational age does determine the comfort felt by every pregnant woman. However, 5 months of gestation is indeed the most comfortable and also the safest period. Those are some facts that you must know about 5 months of pregnancy which is considered the most comfortable period. Hope it is useful!