For pregnant women who experience sleep less than 6 hours each night during the first trimester, pregnancy has a blood pressure with a higher upper limit when compared to pregnant women with a daily sleep pattern of more than 7 hours. As a result of this lack of sleep, your risk of experiencing peekslampsia increases. The need for rest for women who are pregnant is very important, but this is very difficult to do. Even though rest has a function for your health and the fetus:
- Regenerates cells in the body that have been damaged into new ones.
- Make smooth re-production of hormones that are good for body growth.
- Rest your tired body condition after a day of activities.
- Increase the immune system in the body from various diseases
- Able to increase concentration and physical abilities.
When you are pregnant, your body really needs a lot of energy. You should not force yourself to do activities if your body starts to feel tired. Lie down for a while to relax or you can sit back and relax on a soft sofa so that the blood flow in your body runs smoothly. When you sit you should add a pillow right on your back then keep your legs from hanging. Besides that, you also need to meet your night’s sleep needs for 7 hours to 9 hours at night to rest your body that has been doing activities for a full day. In addition, getting enough sleep at night will make your body condition fresher when you wake up in the morning. In principle, if the night’s sleep needs are met, the next day you will feel very fresh and ready to carry out your daily routine.
other than that sleep It is also highly recommended for women who are pregnant, or you can take several breaks during the day due to the hot weather so that the body will feel good if you get lots of rest. Changes in your body late in pregnancy can make it difficult for you to sleep. When you can’t go to sleep or feel very restless in bed you can try some of these practical ways:
- If necessary, take a warm bath when going to bed. This can help relax the muscles in your body.
- Try to drink milk or other warm drinks.
- It is better if you do not lie on your back. You can sleep facing your left or right side or in a position that you feel is quite comfortable.
- If you are having trouble getting to sleep right away, you should go to your room earlier. Previously, you could do other activities such as reading books or doing activities that can relax your body.