When pregnant women do not do activities and try to stay calm but the sweat continues to stream so that it soaks clothes, this is normal. Of course this makes the mother anxious, even worried that it will interfere with the pregnancy. You should know that sweat is a natural process to maintain your body temperature so you don’t overheat. However, pregnant women who often experience excessive sweating.
Here are the causes that you may experience:
- An increase in blood flow to the skin can cause pregnant women to feel warmer. This can stimulate the sweat glands to stabilize body temperature.
- The progesterone hormone is thermogenic which can cause heat. So that the increase in the hormone progesterone causes small blood vessels in the skin to open wide and pregnant women experience heat.
- Increasing gestational age, which affects the level of overheating in pregnant women.
Excessive sweating in pregnant women can cause unpleasant conditions, especially if pregnant women are already stuffy and sweat has started pouring in various parts of the pregnant woman’s body.
Here are some precautions you can take if you sweat excessively during pregnancy:
- Using clothes that are loose and provide comfort, try to be made of cotton so that they can absorb sweat so that air circulation is smooth.
- Avoid being in a narrow room because it will make you even more tortured.
- Avoid spicy foods that can cause excessive sweating.
- Reduce stress, often there is a relationship between excessive sweat production with stress so that to reduce stress you can control the factors that cause stress.
Although excessive sweating in pregnant women is often bothersome and uncomfortable, this is normal, especially for pregnant women with age pregnancy which is increasing. For those of you who experience excessive sweating and experience leg cramps due to reduced mineral salts while sweating, you can replace them with lost substances to consume additional fluids.
Once again pregnant women don’t need to panic because the most important thing you have to do is to take precautions. Prevention for pregnant women who experience excessive sweating is to fill with eight glasses of water and also coupled with a juice rich in fiber which can help in overcoming constipation and can avoid leg cramps.