Babies grow with age. The growth and development of babies is indeed the moment most eagerly awaited by every parent. The reason is, the development of your little one is something that must be considered by mothers. It cannot be denied that many babies have slow development compared to their age.
As with growing babies aged 6 months who are ready to be given complementary foods (complementary foods). In this case, many parents actually feed their babies when they are not ready to be fed. This may be due to the baby appearing to want to eat something or whiny watching an adult eat. For this reason, mothers are impatient and provide complementary foods even though the little one’s age is not enough to receive complementary foods.
Although your little one is always fussy and also sees adults eating. However, giving food to babies must of course be done when the baby is old enough to be fed. The age of the baby that it is time to be fed is when the baby is 6 months old. Therefore, you must feed your baby when your baby is 6 months old.
As reported by alodokter.com, in general, children begin to recognize the environment and food when the baby reaches 2 months of age. Based on the guidelines issued by WHO, at 6 months of age the child’s digestive system can adapt and also function properly. At this age too, children naturally begin to show signs that they are ready to be given complementary foods (complementary foods).
For this reason, if you are still confused and also doubtful, then you can recognize the signs when your baby is ready to be given complementary foods, as follows:
– Your little one is able to support his neck so that he can stand upright. In addition, he will also look more comfortable when he starts to move his neck and other limbs.
– Your little one can sit alone without help from an adult
– The child has started to be interested in food and even often seizes and reaches for food and puts it in his mouth. Some coordination occurs well between the mouth, eyes and hands.
– The child starts chewing food when there is food in his mouth even though the baby’s teeth have not grown properly and only a few.
– Your little one can already show signs that he is hungry. In general, children will cry and also fuss when they are hungry. Meanwhile, some other babies will show expressions of great interest in the food that is being consumed by the people around them.
Some of the signs mentioned above are certainly not one of the signs that you can conclude that your little one is ready to receive MPASI. This is because there are some babies who give these characteristics, but the baby is still 4 or 5 months old. It is not uncommon for babies of this age to become interested in food and will put everything in their mouth. This sign is not a sign that your child is ready to eat.
The most important thing is you have to remain patient and also be as careful as possible when you want to give baby solids. Make sure you don’t rush, which will be dangerous for your little one. The best nutritional intake and nutrition for your little one is none other than breast milk. For this reason, do not let you provide complementary foods, which your little one will rarely get breast milk. Those are some signs in a baby if he is ready to be given solids. Hope it is useful!