Pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding are indeed a process that cannot be avoided by women. Providing breast milk intake is an activity that must be done by every mother. This will certainly be the most precious moment for every mother. As we all know that breast milk is the best nutritional intake for your little one. In addition, breast milk can also increase and strengthen the bond between mother and child.
Of course, not all mothers know the benefits that can be taken from breast milk. In fact, many mothers prefer to give formula milk to exclusive milk. Of course, this condition can be caused by the desire of the mother who does not want to bother breastfeeding. However, did you know that breast milk contains nutrients and nutrients that cannot be obtained from formula milk and the facts about breastfeeding. Here we present some facts about breastfeeding that most mothers may rarely know, including:
- Babies suckle every 2 hours every day with intervals of about 5-40 minutes. This is why many mothers often complain about not having enough time to do other activities such as cooking, bathing and even eating.
- Breastfeeding can be called a learning process for both mother and baby. Mothers of course have to learn how to give their babies breast milk to suck and also to swallow. Like most mothers that learning this process is not easy.
- Babies drink at least about 67% of the breast milk in the breast. So, of course the mother will often and still express breast milk as a savings from breast milk.
- Breastfeeding is painful, especially at the beginning of the breastfeeding. Not a few mothers experience trauma when giving breast milk to their babies. This may be considered reasonable considering that mothers and babies are not used to doing this.
- The fact is that almost 3 out of 4 mothers who produce more milk on the right breast than on the left breast.
- It can be concluded that the energy required for daily breastfeeding is the same as running 1.6 km.
- When breastfeeding, aerola will turn darker than when you are pregnant. This of course serves as a way to help the baby recognize the mother’s nipple.
- Perhaps many think that breast milk comes out only from one hole. However, the fact is that breast milk comes out of several holes and the amount is different for each person.
- Even though sick, breastfeeding can relax pregnant women to feel more comfortable. This is because breastfeeding releases the hormone oxytocin to help pregnant women be calmer.
- Apart from relaxing, breastfeeding can also train patience for mothers. It is not uncommon for babies to be very fussy when given breast milk. This is why mothers can be quite patient.
- When breastfeeding, of course, the breast size becomes bigger and increases to 1 to 2 times. It is not surprising that when breastfeeding, the mother’s breasts get bigger and bigger.
The facts about breastfeeding as well as breast milk should be the right way to know things about breastfeeding. Those are some facts about breast milk and breastfeeding that are rarely known by mothers. For this reason, it would be nice if mothers provide exclusive breastfeeding for their babies. Hope it is useful!