As with physical health, what needs serious attention by pregnant women is psychological health. At the beginning of pregnancy, the first trimester of pregnant women has undergone hormonal changes that cause psychological changes in pregnant women. Psychology deals with mood, mood swings, anxiety etc.
There is also a relationship between psychological changes and physical changes in pregnant women. For example, because they feel a change in mood, pregnant women refuse to eat more and affect their health so that they fall sick. Thus it is very important for pregnant women to maintain physical and psychological health.
In undergoing pregnancy complaints often occur, you should find solutions early on so that you can deal with complaints and do not affect physical or psychological health during pregnancy. Complaints that are often experienced by pregnant women are swollen feet or hands. Why during pregnancy experience swelling, is it normal for a pregnant woman’s hand to swell and what is the solution?
During pregnancy, it is normal for swelling to occur. Swelling can occur in any part of the body because of the increased body fluids during pregnancy, generally those who experience swelling are the feet and hands. When pregnant women stand too much, it will cause the legs to be supported and the burden is too strong. Whereas the hand can be one of the reasons the ring is too tight.
Swelling of the hands or called edema caused by obstructed blood circulation. Although it is a common pregnancy complaint for pregnant women, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy. Edema during pregnancy can also be caused by environmental factors, namely due to hot air.
Although it is common for pregnant women to experience swelling during pregnancy, every pregnant woman experiences different conditions. We recommend that when you experience pregnancy swelling that occurs on the face, feet or hands, consult your doctor to find out the cause, it is feared that the swelling you experience when pregnant is caused by you have preeclampsia.
While the tips that can help you reduce swelling during pregnancy are in the following ways:
- A healthy diet that can help reduce swelling that occurs in body parts. You can consume garlic and apples which are considered effective.
- You can consume lots of water to avoid dehydration
- You can rest during the day if you have free time so that you can relax your body again.
- You can take the sleeping position on your left side so as to avoid pressure on the large veins.
- To help blood circulation, if it demands you have a long time dealing with computers or writing. Then you can help blood flow by using a small stool on the table.
- You can ask your husband to gently massage your hands and feet, massage gently so that it makes you feel more comfortable.