Types of cosmetics to avoid while pregnant
February 11, 2021
Chemical Hair Care
- Hair treatments that use chemicals such as those used in rebonding, perming, or in dyeing hair should be avoided when you are pregnant. This is because the chemicals contained in it will enter the pores of the head and into the bloodstream and this is very dangerous to the fetus and will increase the risk of the fetus being born with a defect.
- The use of cream hair removers is also best avoided during pregnancy because they contain chemicals that are easily absorbed by the skin and of course will also harm your fetus. (Also read: Abstinence from pregnant women)
- Acne medication containing Retinol A, whose function is usually to exfoliate dead skin, use in high doses has shown that the development of babies is stunted.
- In addition, acne medications containing Benzoyl Peroxide are included in category C which means that studies that have been done in animals have shown adverse effects on the fetus and there are no controlled studies in women.
- Acne medication containing accutane. This acne medication is taken orally in its treatment. This should be avoided during pregnancy because it will cause the risk of the fetus being born with defects or even the fetus experiencing death.
- Acne medications containing hydrocortisone are also believed to pose a risk for babies born with defects or that the fetus will be poisoned.
- Acne medication for facial care that contains salicylic acid ingredients causes a lot complications in pregnant women.
- Use of sunscreen with chemical protection where there are ingredients such as avobenzone and oxybenzone which are easily absorbed by the skin which can affect fetal development.
- Lotions or skin cleansers that contain salicylic acid ingredients. Use in high doses can cause defects in the fetus.
- Skin care products that use preservatives from parabens. This compound in research has shown that the reproductive system of male babies will become impaired.
- Skin whitening products containing hydroquinone ingredients. These chemicals will affect the enzymes in the body and hold the natural ingredients needed by the fetus. Also, whitening products that contain synthetic ingredients can make pregnant women allergic.
Manicure and Pedicure
- Nail polish products that contain phathalates. These chemicals will cause problems in the reproductive system.
- Nail polish material from basecoat, top coat and acetone if inhaled will affect pregnancy. Research has proven that there are many health problems such as deformed babies or dying in pregnant salon workers.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.