The condition of pregnancy at the age of 4 months is not as bad as the conditions at the beginning of pregnancy where the changes that often occur are influenced by hormones. At this gestational age, pregnant women must know the changes that occur normally or abnormal conditions. Given the many complaints that occur during pregnancy, it is necessary to add insight into pregnancy and also consult a midwife / obstetrician.
The changes that occur in pregnant women vary each month. So it is necessary to monitor health both by changes that occur and are felt by pregnant women or using medical assistance. Changes that occur during pregnancy will trigger complaints during pregnancy, this time we will discuss the complaints that often occur in pregnant women aged 4 months.
Fetal Growth at 4 Months Old
At 4 months of age babies enter a body size of 13 cm with an average weight of about 140 grams. Even the cranium was lapped and started to harden. Even at 4 months of age the spinal cord is covered by a protective layer known as myelin.
The development of 4 months of age is also marked by sweat glands starting to develop throughout the fetal body. Even the umbilical cord becomes a channel for a food source that grows and strengthens. At this gestational age, it is marked by a larger body followed by a proportional change in the coconut.
Furthermore, the visible changes in the face are marked by the growth of eyelashes and also growing eyebrows. Then on the part of the eyelid that closes, but the eyeballs can move, even the mouth of the fetus can open and close.
In the hand, the fingers have begun to form little by little and have begun to form, the baby’s hand has started to clench.
At the age of the fetus 4 months, the baby is able to respond to sounds outside its environment. This condition is often used as music therapy to help with fetal development.
Entering the middle week at 4 months of gestation, blood vessels have begun to appear on the surface of the baby’s skin. The ears have appeared even though they are not yet perfect. Even at this age, gender has begun to be recognized.
At the end of 4 months of gestation, the baby’s movements have begun to be felt. Even the fetus can swallow the amniotic fluid and kidneys, which indicates metabolic expenditure. Now, the baby’s body is protected by a layer of fat called vernix caseos, a layer that protects the baby from amniotic fluid. This condition causes the baby to swallow a lot, the baby’s body absorbs a lot of water in the amniotic fluid so that it enters the large intestine.
Changes in 4 Months Pregnant Women
Entering the age of 4 months or the second trimester of the mother’s pregnancy, there will be many changes, the changing conditions experienced by pregnant women must be addressed as a sign of abnormal changes which are normal conditions in the body of pregnant women. The condition of the mother, which develops and changes during the 4th month, is often marked by physical changes.
Conditions that arise at the age of 4 months of pregnancy include pregnant women experiencing linea, which is a dark line that extends on the abdomen. This line extends from the abdomen around the female organs to the navel, which is caused by stretching the skin.
Furthermore, the neck area of pregnant women that looks black even though this condition is not a sign of health problems that endanger the health of the mother and the fetus. Skin discoloration in pregnant women is common. During pregnancy you will find black lines on the face, hands or other body. This occurs due to changes in pigment during pregnancy.
In addition, at 4 months of gestation, pregnant women experience changes in their body skin and darker breasts because the skin of the uterus requires 25% more blood than normal conditions.
Even when pregnant women, the heart will pump more blood and supply the body’s needs in the pregnant woman’s body. Even the capacity of the lungs will decrease which causes pregnant women at this gestational age to tire more easily and even have difficulty breathing.
Even so, be happy at this age, the mother will experience a condition where she recognizes the baby’s movements so that the mother can know the fetal response in the body. Listening to music and chatting with the baby is an alternative to invite him to play and stimulate his abilities while in the womb.
Solutions for Pregnant Women at the Age of 4 Months
At 4 months of gestation, pregnant women are able to overcome morning sickness, have been able to adapt to changes in pregnancy hormones and even know the movements of the fetus. Even so, pregnant women at 4 months of age who still feel complaints of pregnancy, here are the solutions for you:
1. Morning sickness associated with nausea and vomiting in pregnant women can be treated with the help of her husband. Did you know that caressing the head, back, shoulders and relaxing hand massage from your husband will calm you down, thereby reducing the risk of morning sickness.
2. Furthermore, related to headaches, pregnant women who experience it are required to drink lots of water, be in a quiet room, the air is fresh enough so that it can reduce complaints of pregnancy at the age of 4 months.
3. It is not uncommon for pregnant women to experience fatigue, this is influenced by external and hormonal factors. To make her calm you can take yoga classes and special sports for pregnant women to maintain health during pregnancy.
4. At the age of 4 months pregnant women often experience heat. Pregnant women often sweat and heat. although it is considered natural, if you disturb, you should use clothes with materials that are easy to sweat. Don’t forget to consume 8 glasses of water per day.
5. Many also feel cravings, which is a condition where pregnant women want to consume certain foods. For those of you who experience this condition, you should pay attention to your body’s needs. Cravings can also be a sign that your body needs these nutrients. For example, pregnant women who crave young mangoes, the body may need folic acid so it needs it from young mangoes.
6. Pain in the right or left side of the stomach is considered normal if it only occurs a few times. It’s just that if you experience pain in the left and right sides of the stomach accompanied by bleeding, you should immediately consult a doctor so that there are no problems related to fetal development and growth disorders.