Every parent sooner or later will tell the baby’s needs, both from the sound of crying, leg movements, hand movements and other body movements. Baby’s body language is a means of communicating between babies and adults, whether you are the parent or the caregiver. Research conducted that babies are able to speak through body language as done in 2000, a year has been published research book entitled The Secret of Baby Whisperer which in this book states that babies express their conditions and desires before crying. Your baby can give good signs, namely movements of the hands, feet and head. So when the parents or caregivers do not understand, your baby tends to cry.
In a short period of time, books that discussed infant body language were published, including a book entitled The Secret Language of Babies, then the Baby and Toddler Body Language Phrasebook. With the support of this research will help you understand the body language that the baby communicates for you to understand. Some examples of body language that you can understand are as follows:
1. Babies grimace, lift their stomachs and even tend to be restless while curling up can be experienced by babies with stomach disorders. You need to know that the sick cry in babies is different, usually crying in a shrill voice then pausing and crying again. Handling, if you have problems with the stomach, then you can relieve the baby’s crying, and give a warm hug, give help in the form of telon oil on the baby’s stomach. Meanwhile, if you keep crying you can immediately take him to the doctor.
2. When your baby’s feet kick as if your baby wants to run when he finds a new atmosphere or person, it means that he is looking for the attention of those around him. As a parent, the way to respond is to catch an enthusiastic attitude so that foot kicks will help the baby to strengthen the leg muscles needed then you can provide objects or something that makes your baby enthusiastic. Don’t forget, look at your baby’s face as if you understand what your baby is thinking.
3. When your baby arches his back as if he is holding out his hand crying. This means your baby is feeling alone, sad. This condition can also indicate that your baby has body aches. You can also observe that if your baby cries and arches his back just after eating, it means reflux or a turn in the stomach contents. How to respond calm him as best you can. So it took a long time to calm him down. You can calm down in a good way by making your baby full, the diaper dry and also not experiencing pain.
4. When a baby rubs his face and eyes, it means he is trying to attract the hearts of those around him to play peekaboo games. Meanwhile, if it occurs at bedtime, it is marked by a crying state, meaning that your baby wants to fall asleep. The way to respond is you can read the condition in advance if it doesn’t happen at the time when the baby is sleeping, it means your baby is wanting to play, play with him and make him happy. Another way to respond is to read a short story or sing a song so that your baby falls asleep.
5. When your baby cries just a little annoyance, this condition can indicate that your baby is tired. The way you can do this is by changing the clothes with clean and dry clothes. Try to avoid noisy situations as well as being too cold or hot, give gentle strokes on your baby’s back. So that after your baby falls asleep, you will be happy again and won’t feel tired again.
Thus there is no reason for you not to recognize your baby’s body language. Read your baby’s body movements like you are exploring a groove in a book, you need patience. Prepare your senses to be able to understand the message given by your baby.