The problem of vaginal discharge is a classic problem for most women. Ironically, most women do not know about vaginal discharge and the causes of vaginal discharge in women themselves and instead make vaginal discharge a light thing. In fact, if not handled properly, vaginal discharge can be fatal. Infertility and ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the womb) can be one of the consequences of vaginal discharge, besides that the initial symptoms of uterine cancer usually begin with vaginal discharge. And of course cervical cancer is a dangerous type of disease which, if not treated properly, will lead to death. So don’t take vaginal discharge lightly. (Read: Leucorrhoea can cause infertility and death).
Leucorrhoea will often be experienced when a woman is pregnant, this is due to hormonal changes that occur and one of the effects of this hormonal increase is the increased production of fluid and is also caused by a pregnant woman’s vagina experiencing a decrease in acidity, as well as changes in digestive conditions. This causes an increased risk of frequent vaginal discharge in pregnant women, especially vaginal discharge caused by a yeast infection.
Types of vaginal discharge
Leucorrhoea is divided into two types, namely physiological and pathological.
This type of discharge usually occurs during the fertile period, as well as after and before menstruation. Usually when these conditions are often there is excess mucus, it is normal, and usually does not cause itching and is odorless. Physiological discharge in pregnant women does not affect the fetus directly, because of the amniotic membrane that can protect the fetus.
Physiological vaginal discharge or also commonly called normal vaginal discharge has the following characteristics:
- Watery vaginal discharge
- The discharge is creamy or clear
- Odorless discharge
- Does not cause itching
- The amount of fluid that comes out is fairly small
Pathological vaginal discharge
Pathological type of discharge is also called abnormal vaginal discharge. This type of discharge is included in the type of disease. Pathological vaginal discharge can cause various effects and this will be very disturbing for the health of women in general and especially the health of the female area.
Pathological discharge due to infection will increase the risk of premature birth in pregnant women and the baby will also be infected. Babies who are infected with a virus are at risk of experiencing digestive disorders and respiratory problems that can cause the baby to experience death. And babies who have infections caused by bacteria can cause blindness in babies.
Pathological vaginal discharge has the following characteristics:
- The liquid is thick
- The discharge has a milky white color, or is yellow or green in color
- Pathological vaginal discharge causes itching
- The discharge has an unpleasant odor
- Usually leaves visible patches on women’s underwear
- The amount of fluid that comes out is very large.
Causes of vaginal discharge
Poor hygiene factor. Cleanliness in the vaginal area must be maintained properly. If, the vaginal area is not kept clean it will cause
various kinds of diseases, one of which is vaginal discharge. This causes vaginal moisture to increase and this makes it very easy for the cause of infection in the form of pathogenic bacteria to spread.
Stress. The performance of all organs in the body is influenced and controlled by the brain, so when the receptors of the brain experience stress, this can cause changes and balance of hormones in the body and this can cause vaginal discharge.
Use of drugs. Long-term use of anti-toxic drugs can cause the immune system in a woman’s body, and antibiotics can usually cause vaginal discharge. Meanwhile, hormonal balance disorders can also be caused by the use of family planning
Leucorrhoea caused by fungi, parasites, bacteria and viruses
Monilia or Candidas mushrooms. Characterized by having a white color like milk, the discharge is very strong, smells bad and causes itching around the vaginal area. This can cause inflammation and redness of the vagina. Usually this is also triggered by diabetes, the use of birth control pills, and a body that has low resistance.
Trichomonas vaginalis parasite
Occurs and is transmitted through sexual contact, the lips of the toilet or by toiletries. Has a characteristic, the liquid that comes out is very thick, has a yellow or green color, foamy and smells rancid. Whitish due to parasites does not cause itching, but if you press the vagina it will hurt
Leucorrhoea due to this bacterial infection is gray in color, slightly watery, has a ami odor and is foamy. This type of vaginal discharge can cause a very irritating itching sensation.
This type of discharge occurs due to venereal diseases, such as HIV / AIDS, herpes and conyloma. The appearance of a lot of warts followed by a smelly discharge indicates the presence of the condyloma virus. Usually pregnant women are often infected by this virus. Viruses that can be transmitted by sex is the herpes virus. It is characterized by blisters around the vaginal opening, feeling hot and causing itching. Cervical cancer which is very dangerous for women can be triggered by vaginal discharge caused by vaginal discharge due to viruses.
- Always clean your intimate organs. Clean using a cleanser that does not cause pH stability in your vaginal area. Use cleaning products made from milk. Products made from milk-based ingredients can maintain a balanced pH as well as increase hostile flora and bacteria. The use of antiseptic soap is not good for the vagina in the long run, because it is a bit harsh.
- Do not use powder or powder that is meant to make the vagina smell nice or dry. Powder is very small and fine, it slips easily and cannot be removed, thus inviting yeast to come on the vagina.
- Always dry your vagina after bathing, washing or washing your vagina before you get dressed
- Always wear dry underwear. Always try to carry a spare in case your underwear needs to be changed
- Use outer pants that have enough pores, don’t wear too tight
outer pants, this can cause circulation in the female area to be disturbed.
- Use cotton underwear, because cotton is able to absorb sweat.
- During menstrual period, frequently you replace the pads
- Panty liner is used when it is necessary, do not use it too long.
- If you are stressed, take your time off or leave, relax your mind for a moment. Because stress can also spur vaginal discharge
- Reduce it for activities that make you very tired, hot and sweat a lot, or if you have done these activities, immediately take a shower and clean your body, especially the pubic area.
Solution dr. Boyke Dian Nugraha
Because vaginal discharge is so dangerous, Dr. Boyke Dian Nugraha as an Indonesian sexologist, issued a product in the form of a health tissue.
Health tissue that is used to maintain the cleanliness and health of the intimate organs. With an alcohol-free formula, ph balance and natural ingredients extract, making it a very gentle, safe, irritation-free and fresh all-day wash.
This tissue Efficacious against vaginal discharge:
- Overcoming & Preventing Leucorrhoea
- Eliminate itching in the intimate organs
- Prevents mold that causes bad odors
- Keeps the skin around the intimate organs healthy and well maintained.
- Prevent Cervical Cancer
More info can be clicked on -> Keputihanku.com