Some parents are often troubled by babies who are always up late at night. This is because parents have to stay awake after being tired all day. Conditions like this can increase stress levels in parents due to not having enough rest time. In addition, it is feared that babies who frequently move will have an impact on their growth and development process.
Factors Affecting Babies Often Stay Up Late
The disturbing sleep patterns of babies can be influenced by several factors including:
- The baby’s condition is still fresh at night, this is usually triggered because the baby gets enough nap time which keeps him active at night.
- Baby bear bedtime. When a baby sleeps, such as when a baby falls asleep in the afternoon, it will usually increase the baby’s stamina and make him more active, so it is not uncommon for him to be excited for activities late at night
- Babies still want to do activities. The closest person to a baby when he is young is the mother and father. When you and your husband are office workers who don’t have enough time with your little one, don’t be surprised if when you come home your little one will be happy and want to play with you.
- Babies who want to ‘manipulate’. In this case the attention of both parents, because they want to get attention from you, they are usually minimized and will stay awake with you.
So how to deal with babies who like to stay up late?
Sleep patterns for babies who like to stay up late often make you tortured, especially if you are a worker who is required to always wake up early. If your little one keeps asking you to stay up late then you will not have enough time for rest at night. For that, here are some tips you can do to deal with babies who like to stay up late.
1. Make a daily schedule according to the baby’s condition
So that your sibay doesn’t stay up late at night which makes you tormented, then try to make a schedule at what times you usually want to sleep and want to play, from there you will gradually find out about their sleep patterns. However, if the baby is still awake at night, you should not invite him to play and the parents can still pretend to be asleep.
2. Working together
If you have a babysitter at home because you have to work during the day, then collaborate with the babysitter so that the baby does a lot of activities during the day so that you have less nap time. Thus the sibayi will feel tired which makes the desire to sleep at night even greater. That way, he won’t stay up late at night anymore.
3. Wake up the baby at dawn to feed him
Instead of letting her take a nap for a long time, it would make her even fresher at night. For this reason, when the baby has had enough nap time, then wake him up to breastfeed him. Because even though babies need a lot of sleep, this must also be balanced with the need for adequate breast milk.
Here are some tips you can do, a baby’s sleep patterns that are constantly awake at night will certainly disturb you. Especially if you are a worker who is required to get up early. Not getting time to rest at night will certainly make you stressed. I hope these tips are useful.