Benefits of Grapes for Pregnant Women – Grapes are one of the favorite fruits for many people because of their fresh taste with a chewy texture. The grapes themselves have various types. This one fruit is rich in antioxidants so that it has great benefits for health, including for pregnant women.
The news that the consumption of grapes during pregnancy is prohibited is just a myth. In fact, there are various good benefits of wine for pregnant women, so it is recommended to consume it during pregnancy. Grapes are safe for consumption as long as the amount must be considered. So what are the benefits of wine for pregnant women? To find out, you can see the discussion below.
Benefits of Grapes for Pregnant Women
If grapes are consumed properly during pregnancy, this one fruit will bring various benefits for the health of pregnant women. Here are some of the benefits of wine for pregnant women, including:
Increase the Immune System
The benefits of wine for pregnant women are the first to increase the body’s immune system. During pregnancy, hormonal changes experienced by pregnant women will cause the body’s immunity to decrease, so the effect is that pregnant women are prone to infection. To help increase body immunity, pregnant women need to eat the right and healthy foods, one of which is grapes.
Grapes contain vitamin C which will increase body immunity. Based on research shows, the active compounds contained in grapes can prevent and protect the body from bacterial and viral infections.
Preventing and Overcoming Constipation
Another benefit of wine for pregnant women is that it can help prevent or overcome constipation problems. Constipation or constipation itself is a condition when the frequency of bowel movements is less than usual. The benefits of grapes on this one can be obtained because of the fiber content in grapes which will maintain the health of the digestive system and make the stool softer.
In order for the benefits of grapes to prevent or overcome constipation to the maximum, you must eat grapes with their skins. Not only eating grapes, but you also have to enrich your consumption of other fiber sources.
Helps Improve Mood
During pregnancy, pregnant women will experience hormonal changes. Where these hormonal changes will have an effect on mood. Without reason, pregnant women often feel angry and sad. To help overcome a bad mood like this, you can try eating grapes.
Based on a study showing that consuming natural grape extracts for three months will improve the mood and thinking abilities of adults. This benefit is thanks to the polyphenol compounds and antioxidants contained in grapes.
Lowering Blood Pressure
In addition, the benefits of the next grapes for pregnant women can be lower blood pressure, especially for pregnant women who have a high risk of experiencing preeclampsia or high blood pressure conditions during pregnancy.
This benefit is obtained from the potassium content in grapes which will help reduce excess salt levels in the body. Not only that, the potassium content in grapes will also relieve leg cramps, and the body’s electrolyte balance will be maintained.
Good For Bone Health
Grapes contain vitamin K, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium which are good for bone health. In addition, the resveratrol content in grapes, which is one of the antioxidants in grapes, will increase calcium absorption and will also retain calcium in bones. Even so, regarding the benefits of this one wine, it requires further research.
Removing Bad Fat
Pregnant women are prone to fat because of the fat in the body. Lots of bad fats in the blood vessels in the body will make pregnant women prone to complications such as heart disease, hypertension or narrowing of the arteries. To help cleanse bad fats, you can eat grapes.
In addition to the above benefits, grapes also have many other benefits for pregnant women, such as the following:
- The iron content in grapes will help prevent anemia that occurs during pregnancy.
- The magnesium in grapes will reduce muscle cramps.
- The antioxidant content in grapes will increase immunity.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of grapes, as well as their water content, will fight arthritis and asthma.
- Grapes will hydrate the body, ensuring that the lungs retain moisture.
- Prevents cavities due to its organic acid content.
- During pregnancy the risk of heart disease can increase, but grapes contain components called polyphenols which can reduce the risk.
In addition to pregnant women, there are several good benefits of wine for the fetus in the womb, including the following:
- Can help the development of the baby’s nervous system because of the sodium balance in wine.
- The nutrition given to the fetus will be more because there are vitamin B compounds which are useful for helping the metabolic rate of pregnant women.
- The minerals in grapes, namely flavanols and vitamin A, are good for the development of your baby’s vision in the womb.
- Resveratrol in grapes will help stabilize cholesterol in the mother to ensure that the little one in the womb has a healthy heart.
Conditions That Require Pregnant Women Not to Eat Grapes
Although grapes have great health benefits, there are several conditions for pregnant women who should avoid consuming grapes, such as the following:
- Pregnant women who are allergic to grapes should avoid consuming grapes.
- Pregnant women who have problems with high blood sugar should avoid grapes.
- Pregnant women who have gestational diabetes should avoid or limit their consumption of grapes.
- Pregnant women who have stomach ulcers or other problems with the digestive system should avoid consuming wine until their condition improves.
Side Effects of Eating Too Much Grapes
When pregnant women consume too much grapes, the following side effects can be caused:
- Consuming excessive grapes will be able to gain weight.
- There will be an imbalance in blood sugar.
- Causes pregnant women to experience diarrhea.
- Cause heartburn, as well as GERD.
- Causes resveratrol poisoning.
Consuming grapes when pregnant can be done in various ways, either consuming grapes directly or making grapes as juice. However, what is certain is that before consuming grapes you must wash them thoroughly so that the wine you are consuming is free of pesticides.
In order to get the good benefits of grapes, you must eat them wisely. You also have to eat a variety of other healthy foods for pregnancy in order to get complete nutrition.
Those are some
of the benefits of grapes for pregnant women. Hope it is useful.