This time we will explore the benefits of brown rice as a complementary food to breastfeeding. Brown rice is the right choice for baby food because it contains various substances for baby nutrition, such as what are the benefits. The following is a review of the benefits of brown rice as a complementary food to breast milk. (Also read: 6 months baby food)
Brown rice has superior benefits compared to white rice. The benefits of brown rice for babies include the content of brown rice, namely vitamins B1, B12 and B6 which are quite high so that they can help in the development process in the formation of energy in the cells of the baby’s body. (Other interesting articles: Baby gear )
Furthermore, the epidermis in brown rice contains substances that are very good for the development of the baby’s brain and even the mineral content is high enough to provide benefits for the intake of nutritional needs that help support the growth of the baby’s hair, teeth, bones and muscles. Brown rice also contains high fiber which is good for the baby’s digestion and also contains iron to meet the needs of iron intake in the baby’s growth.
Still containing brown rice, the content of tamine in brown rice is very good for the development of the baby’s heart and nerve tissue. Even the phosphorus content in brown rice will help the development of the baby’s skeletal nervous system.
By consuming brown rice, the baby will have adequate sleep patterns due to the presence of starch which can increase serotonin in the baby’s brain tissue. Serotonin has a role in regulating sleepiness levels so that they can be more regular. Even the sugar content in brown rice is more stable so that babies don’t get hungry easily so it doesn’t cause the baby to wake up at night because hunger interferes with sleep. After knowing the benefits, now you can make brown rice as the ingredient of choice for complementary foods. You can make brown rice flour supplies at your home.
Here’s how to make brown rice flour:
- You can soak the brown rice for 24 hours so that the brown rice breaks its skin. Broken brown rice contains zinc, iron and calcium, which are easily absorbed by the baby’s body.
- Then wash brown rice and drain
- You can use a dry mill or pestle to pound brown rice
- Furthermore, the results of the collision are sifted into a plastic sieve until what is produced is completely smooth, while those that are still coarse can be pounded again.
Well, this brown rice flour supply will help you in preparing complementary foods. We will share a baby food recipe that uses the main ingredient of brown rice. Tempeh brown rice porridge can be a menu option for babies with the following ingredients and methods:
- 35 grams of brown rice flour
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 50 grams of tempeh that has been steamed and cut into squares
How to make :
- The boiled broth can then be mixed with brown rice flour
- Mix with the cut tempeh then cook until cooked
- Serve warm
Thus, for those of you who want to add variety to complementary foods, the brown rice menu can be your choice. Brown rice can improve brain development and help babies to get good nutrition to optimize baby development and growth.