Prenatal yoga is intended to help pregnant women prepare their bodies to be better prepared for birth, increase flexibility and improve balance. With mothers participating in prenatal yoga classes during pregnancy, it will provide benefits to the mother’s body by making the mother’s body more relaxed and reducing the soreness that is felt during the period. pregnancy.
In general, the movements in yoga contain various poses that can make the body healthier, increase self-awareness and make the mind calmer. In addition, there are those who have different goals when they take yoga classes, some of which aim to lose weight and so on.
But here, of course, each yoga pose is tailored to the needs of each individual’s goal. Likewise for pregnant women, the appropriate type of yoga to do is prenatal yoga.
Well, apart from the above benefits, here are some other benefits of taking prenatal yoga classes during pregnancy.
- Reduces back pain (lower back pain), headaches during pregnancy and also nausea
- Burn calories in the body and help keep the mother in shape so as not to soar too high
- Helps improve blood circulation
- Improve the quality of sleep so that mothers who experience panic at night can be reduced
Importance of Breathing Exercises
Breathing has become an important part of yoga practice. Taking deep breaths with a regular rhythm will be beneficial for the body, which makes the body feel more relaxed and relaxes tense muscles. In addition, another benefit that will be obtained from practicing breathing is that if the body gets an adequate supply of oxygen, the baby can feel the vibrations of calm felt by the mother.
One of the breathing techniques found in yoga is Ujjayi, which is where you take a breath through your nose slowly, until the lungs are filled with air and then exhale slowly until the stomach deflates. Do this process repeatedly. With relaxed breathing, will help the mother to stay relaxed, especially at the time childbirth process. But before doing yoga or other sports that mothers do during the pregnancy period, here are a few things that must be considered.
Tips Before Doing Prenatal Yoga
- Choose comfortable yoga clothes for mom to wear
- Consume water, especially before, during and after doing prenatal yoga. This aims to avoid liquid shortages that can be dangerous.
- Consult your doctor first before you decide to do this exercise, especially if in the early trimester of pregnancy you experience certain problems
- Stop exercising if the mother feels pain, dizziness or cramps
- Take a prenatal yoga class with an experienced instructor
- Avoid movements or poses that stretch a lot of muscles, especially in the abdomen.
Taking a prenatal yoga class is not only beneficial for mothers and babies, but it can also be used as a moment to socialize and share stories with fellow pregnant women. In addition to prenatal yoga, of course pregnant women must also be accompanied by a healthy diet and lifestyle so that mothers and babies are always in good health.