Overcoming Acne While Pregnant – Existence acne when pregnant is certainly very disturbing. Moreover, to overcome this, pregnant women are not advised to use acne creams or medications. Instead of using acne medications that can pose risks, it would be better if you use natural ways to treat acne.
See also: 5 Tips to Stay Beautiful While Pregnant
Natural Ways to Overcome Acne While Pregnant
Here are some ways you can treat acne during pregnancy.
The benefits of honey for skin health cannot be doubted. Honey is often used for various skin treatments. Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can firm and plump skin. You can also use honey to treat pimples that bother you during pregnancy.
- First of all, please clean your face using warm water. Clean your face until it is completely clean. After that, please dry it using a soft towel.
- Take honey and apply it on the area of your face where there are pimples. Let stand for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- When the honey is dry, you can rinse it off using warm water until clean. Finally, you can dry your face with a towel or tissue.
- To get maximum results, you can do this method regularly.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Another natural way you can do to treat acne during pregnancy is by using apple cider vinegar. Compared to using acne medication that contains chemicals, apple cider vinegar is considered safer. You can make this natural ingredient as a natural toner.
- Please prepare the apple cider vinegar. Then you can mix apple cider vinegar with water using a 1: 3 ratio.
- Next, please soak a cotton ball in the toner that you have made.
- Then you can pat the cotton on your face so that excess oil can be absorbed.
- This mixture of ingredients contains enzymes and alpha hydroxy acid which will help you overcome stubborn acne problems on your face.
Using Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the natural ingredients that is easy to find. Besides being used for cooking, you can also use this one oil to treat acne. The reason is, this one oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties which are good for cleaning the bacteria that cause acne. In addition, this oil can be absorbed easily by the skin and keeps the skin hydrated.
Please prepare coconut oil. Then you can apply it to the pimples before you sleep. Leave it overnight. You can do this every night or before bed.
Using Cucumber and Oatmeal
Both of these ingredients, namely oatmeal and cucumber, will be able to give a cool effect to the face if you use it as a mask.
- How to deal with acne during pregnancy with cucumber and oatmeal is very easy, namely please blend the cucumber and oatmeal. Then put it in the refrigerator.
- Then apply on the face for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse using cold water.
- Besides making your face feel cool, your acne will also get smaller.
(Other interesting articles: 6 Ways to Maintain Dental Health While Pregnant)
Other Home Ways You Can Do
In addition to the methods above, you can do several other ways as follows:
- Avoid washing your face too often because it can remove the skin’s natural moisture.
- Avoid holding or squeezing pimples.
- You will need to change pillowcases frequently.
- Drink lots of water and avoid consuming a lot of caffeine or soda.
- In addition, you should also avoid consuming foods with high sugar levels or instant foods.
Those are some ways to deal with acne naturally. Hope it is useful.