The first is the factors that can worsen colic symptoms. Take action by diverting your baby’s crying, even if it works, it may not take too long due to the pain your baby is holding on to. The second is for babies who have been given solid foods, give a menu baby food gradually due to adjustments to digestion, especially for foods with high sugar levels or foods that can increase the amount of gas in the intestines and worsen your baby’s condition. For those of you who are worried about colic handling, you are not alone so you can provide the best treatment. Colic is a very common problem in up to 25% of all babies. Discuss your concerns with your pediatrician and talk to other parents or relatives who have had similar experiences. Also keep in mind that colic can occur in babies who grow up with adequate nutrition, are healthy, active and have good growth.
Here are some ways you can treat colic in babies:
1. Colic can occur due to irregular eating schedules, so that you must schedule complementary foods with breast milk in advance. Give food gradually according to the age of your baby.
2. Breastfeeding mothers should avoid caffeine products, onions and foods that produce gas so that they can maintain the health of your baby.
3. Make sure that if you give the baby juice from non-sour fruit, choose fruit that has a dominant sweet taste to adjust it to the digesters first.
4. If you use infant formula, choose several formulas that are suitable for your baby, especially if your baby is very prone to allergies. Several studies have shown that making changes to diet including the proper feeding of formula milk can reduce colic symptoms in some babies.
5. Although there is no clear evidence that physical stimulation helps your baby deal with colic, parents of children with colic believe it. Some babies seem to be soothed by rhythmic, steady movements, such as gentle rocking or sounds.
6. In administering certain drugs, you should consult with the pediatrician first, however the child’s condition is different so that only the medical personnel will know how to administer drugs that are suitable for your baby’s condition.