In some sense, diet is maintaining food and beverage intake so that adequate nutrition is produced every day. Diet not only serves to lose weight but to gain weight or for health. The diet that is done by each individual will be different because when going on a diet you have to pay attention to your age, weight, health, atmosphere and also your activities every day.
Apart from the problem of appearance, diet is a big reason for you to maintain your health. Some of them who are overweight or obese will interfere with health such as heart and blood vessel problems because the burden on the heart becomes greater so that its ability to exceed normal limits causes heart failure. High blood pressure and lung function disorders may occur due to narrowing blood vessels by large amounts of fat.
Then excess weight leads to diabetes and an increase in cholesterol which results from disruption of insulin in the blood which can result in disorders of fat metabolism in triggering cholesterol. There are many other diseases that may arise such as joint disorders, risk of malignant disease, hormonal system disorders and disorders. psychological. Only a few people know how to have a healthy diet, some of them consider results (weight loss / gain) more than a healthy way of doing a diet. For those of you who want to have a healthy diet, it is done by maintaining nutritional intake, especially for producing calories, but other nutrients must still be sufficient for daily nutritional needs. Even though you have to maintain your nutritional intake, it doesn’t mean that you abandon carbohydrate-containing foods but maintain them so that the body can burn fat for the calories needed for your daily activities.
Here are some types of diets classified according to your needs:
- Normal Diet. Diets that aim to maintain a balance of nutritional intake are more focused on the components of nutritional completeness every day.
- Diet to get the ideal body weight. Diet based on the number of calories needed in daily activities. For those of you who want to go on this diet, you should pay attention to proper nutritional intake.
- Disease-specific (health) diet. This type of diet, for example, is for diabetics in maintaining blood sugar stability.
- Food allergy diet. Food and beverage intake that must be reduced due to allergies to certain foods.
- Diet according to age. Diet based on nutritional needs at this stage of life without hindering body development.
- Diet containing and breastfeeding. The intake of certain types of food and drinks must be limited and there is also the intake of food and drinks that should be increased when you are pregnant and breastfeeding.