The role of complementary foods has a major influence in infant development, especially in providing energy and nutrients needed by babies, then also helping babies adapt to foods that contain high energy levels and develop the ability of food to chew. The challenge that is often experienced by mothers in providing complementary foods is rejection and even lack of appetite for babies. This can happen to anyone, especially babies who have just recovered from illness. There are ways you can increase your baby’s appetite by providing a variety of nutritious foods such as the following:
1. The first time you give complementary foods, you can vary it baby food so that your baby can recognize the taste. Avoid using sugar and salt before giving solids. The taste of vegetables, fruit, side dishes can give a different taste. (Other interesting articles: Baby gear )
2. At the beginning of giving solids, you can schedule a meal menu such as giving spinach porridge, fruit pulp, and filtered porridge. You can schedule a meal from a soggy texture to a solid food. When your baby refuses filtered porridge at 6 months, don’t give the team any first, all you can do is add flavor to a wide variety of ingredients.
3. In providing a variety of foods you should introduce vegetables that are more dominant, because generally sweet-tasting fruits can be accepted by babies. If possible, choose fresh vegetable ingredients, especially if the organic vegetables are healthy.
4. You can provide healthy snacks for your baby by using one of the ingredients such as yogurth, cheese, fruit, vegetables. So that even though the food is small, the nutritional needs for your baby can be fulfilled in a balanced manner. It is recommended that you make your own snacks, if you are pressed for time, such as on a trip, you can buy special baby snacks. (Other interesting articles: Baby Boy Names)
5. Occasionally create a pleasant atmosphere to eat with your baby. Especially for babies who are 12 months old, you can invite them to arrange a food menu. It is not recommended for children to get the same food menu in one day, for example in the morning with nuggets, lunch with nuggets and in the afternoon it is still the same as nuggets. Even though you have a high appetite, you should balance it with fruit and vegetable juices.
Related article: 6 Months Baby Food