Likewise with your condition that must be considered, the availability of milk and body health are different so you cannot equalize the power of fasting with the same co-worker who is breastfeeding. We recommend that you consult with your doctor when making the decision to fast and still breastfeeding, at least the doctor will give the best advice for your health and that of your baby.
The fitness of nursing mothers is very important in carrying out their daily activities. Easy weakness and lack of enthusiasm often make you annoyed, besides that the volume of milk will be slightly reduced in the afternoon to evening due to the lack of the hormone oxytocin when you are fasting. However, you can make a regular schedule with sufficient nutritional value to provide the best quality breast milk for your baby.
Here’s how to stay in shape while fasting while breastfeeding:
1. Pay attention to meal times. Even though you only get food intake during sahur and iftar, it is advisable to maintain the habit of eating three times a day so that it does not interfere with the availability of milk. You can make a schedule, suhoor, iftar and after tarawih prayer.
2. Nutritional intake needed for mothers who are breastfeeding are complex carbohydrates, proteins, fats and vitamins and minerals. Pay attention to the quality of the nutrients consumed, not just a little or how much you take when you eat a big meal.
3. Breastfeeding at breaking and dawn. It is difficult to get milk at that time of the day because of the hormone oxytocin, so you can breastfeed at the right time after dawn and breaking the fast.
4. Don’t neglect rest. Rest is often interrupted while breastfeeding does not only occur when fasting, on normal days you may find it, to restore your fitness throughout the day, take a short break when you experience a weak condition after breastfeeding
5. Reduce anxiety, worry about the quality of milk which is a burden in your mind which will actually make the availability of milk reduced. As much as possible avoid negative thoughts, worries and worries when you are breastfeeding in the fasting month.
6. Add milk to the sahur menu and open it. The need for milk for you is very important in addition to adding nutrition to breast milk, it will also help you stay fit throughout the day in carrying out routine activities.
7. For those of you who actively spend a lot of time in the office, you can express milk for further supplies, if left unchecked it will reduce the volume of milk.