What nutrients are needed at 6 months of age?
At the age of 6 months is the beginning for your baby to recognize nutritional intake apart from breast milk, so complementary foods must be really adapted to your baby’s growth and development. The nutritional needs at 6 months of age are as follows:
Protein will help maintain and repair the body’s tissues in your baby so that they can control the body’s functions by enzymes. Protein is obtained from marine fish, but you also have to choose fish with a low mercury content such as salmon or freshwater fish such as catfish. Ground chicken, ground beef can be a mixture of porridge for babies aged 6 months.
Fat is needed as a source of energy for your baby. Providing essential fatty acids and soluble vitamins is of nutritional importance that must be fulfilled by the age of 6 months. The fat produced from fish is very good for your baby’s development at 6 months of age.
It is the first source of energy your baby needs to provide energy other than breast milk. For 6 months baby, the carbohydrate needed is 68.75 grams-89.39 grams. In producing carbohydrates can be produced from white rice or brown rice.
4. Vitamins and Minerals
Nearly all vitamins are needed for the development of a baby at 6 months of age. Vitamins A, B, K, E, D and vitamin C. These vitamins can be produced from several vegetables such as spinach, chayote, broccoli, celery, tomatoes and carrots. The recommended fruit sources for babies aged 6 months are mango, watermelon. , bananas, oranges, papayas, avocados, pears and apples.
6 month old baby menu recipe
Here are the food menu recipes that can be your choice for babies aged 6 months:
Sardines Porridge Recipe
- 25 grams of white / brown rice
- 40 grams of sardines, chopped
- 500 ml of tomato juice (you can get it from fresh tomato juice without mixed ingredients)
- 20 grams of tofu, mashed
- 25 gtam red beans that are boiled and then mashed
How to make :
- Washed brown rice then mix with tomato juice that has been blended, cook until the rice is soft and thickens (approximately 20 minutes).
- At 20 minutes, then mix with tofu, sardines, red beans that have been mashed then stir until blended until all the ingredients are mixed. Porridge ready to serve while warm.