Proper Nutrition For 9 Months Ages
At the age of 9 months the food and nutrition needed by the baby is not much different from the previous month. You can introduce baby food with a thicker texture, the milk teeth will be trained to chew. You can conceptualize a balanced meal so that it serves a more varied diet with balanced nutrition every day. Excess of certain nutrients is not good so it will hinder your baby’s growth.
There are not many carbohydrates needed by babies, 9 tablespoons are sufficient, exclusive breastfeeding is a source of energy for the best growth. What is very important is the intake of other nutrients obtained from vegetables, fruits and animal protein.
The recommended vegetables at this age are broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, spinach and green beans (if your child doesn’t have allergies). Although other vegetables you can choose from, vegetables that contain vitamins A and C, protein, potassium, folic acid, sodium, phosphorus, calcium and fiber are the right choice for you. (Related article: Baby food)
Food menu for 9 months baby
At this age, you can give structured foods more densely, such as giving team rice. You can set a daily menu of porridge milk in the morning, team rice in the afternoon and evening. Giving snacks can be inserted at 10 and 14 in the afternoon.
1. Nasi Tim
Chicken Liver Team
- 500 ml of broth
- 20 tbsp brown rice
- 20 grams of chicken liver
- 20 grams of broccoli, chopped
- 20 grams of carrots, mashed
- 20 grams of grated cheese
How to make :
- First, boil the rice with the chicken liver using broth, until it thickens
- Then add the broccoli and carrots that have been mashed. Stir until cooked, remove from heat and let cool.
- Before serving, sprinkle with cheese first
2. Healthy Snacks
At this age, your baby is able to grip objects, including food, tightly. You can give baby biscuits for snacks. For those of you who want to get additional nutrition, you can make healthy snacks from baby biscuits.
Apple Milk Biscuits
- 3 pieces of baby biscuits
- 50 grams of apples that have been mashed (you can replace apples with other fruit)
- 2 tbsp formula milk
- 150 ml of warm water
How to make :
- Make a formula milk solution with warm water
- Flush the biscuits with formula milk solution, stir until soft and mixed
- Add the mashed apples, stir until the texture of the biscuits is completely destroyed
- Ready to be served.