Heartburn When Pregnant – Heartburn will cause a burning sensation in the chest area to the esophagus. This condition will certainly disturb comfort. Heartburn experienced during pregnancy is usually due to production gastric acid increase caused by changes in the hormone progesterone, which can weaken the stomach valve. The effect is that stomach acid rises more easily in the esophagus.
How to Overcome Heartburn When Pregnant
To help reduce heartburn during pregnancy, you can try some of the steps below.
Watch Your Meal Portion
You should pay attention to eating portions as a way to deal with heartburn that you are experiencing. You can change your eating habits.
As a measure so that the risk of heartburn is reduced, compared to eating large portions at once, it is better for pregnant women to change the portion of food to be smaller but the frequency is more frequent.
Eating Soft Textured Foods
Not only the portion of the meal that must be considered, you should also pay attention to the texture of the food that is consumed. When you have heartburn, it is better if you consume lots of foods or drinks with a soft or liquid texture, but are still rich in nutrients such as the following:
- Tim Rice
- Yogurt, or
- These foods will be easier for the stomach to digest.
Do not eat foods that can trigger stomach acid
You should avoid foods that can trigger acid reflux. As for some foods to avoid, such as:
- Beverages or foods with caffeine content, such as chocolate, tea and coffee
- Spicy food
- Sour foods
- Greasy food
- Foods that are high in fat
Wear comfortable clothes
When pregnant, mothers are advised to wear comfortable clothes so that the activities they carry out are more comfortable.
- We recommend that you use comfortable and loose maternity clothes so that they are not tight
- Avoid wearing clothes that are tight around the waist or stomach
When Eating Pay Attention to Sitting Position
The right sitting position will help you prevent heartburn. Let’s pay attention to the following tips.
- Pregnant women are advised to sit in an upright position when eating.
- Do not bend over, lie down halfway or lie down while you eat until 1 to 2 hours after you finish eating.
Enough Sleep Time
To help relieve heartburn that you are experiencing, you must get enough sleep. In addition, getting enough sleep is good for your health.
- When sleeping, it is recommended to use a higher pillow as a step to prevent stomach acid from rising.
- If you are going to sleep on your side, you can sleep on your left side.
- 1 to 2 hours before going to bed at night, you must stop eating to prevent stomach acid from rising.
Stress can be experienced by anyone, including pregnant women. It’s just that, if this condition is allowed to continue, it can cause pregnant women to adopt an unhealthy lifestyle, such as not paying attention to food and so on. Where this will trigger stomach acid.
Therefore, as a way of managing stress you can do fun activities or hobbies. Avoid things that can stress you out.
Other articles: How to Maintain Dental Health While Pregnant
Heartburn during pregnancy is normal. So, to help reduce the pain you feel, you can try the method above. It’s just that, if the pain doesn’t go away, you should consult a doctor.