Itchy breasts during pregnancy will certainly disturb comfort. This condition is common, which is caused by pregnancy hormones and weight gain during pregnancy. Not only that, itchy breasts during pregnancy can also be caused by skin problems.
How to deal with itchy breasts during pregnancy
When breasts feel itchy, don’t scratch them immediately, because pregnant women are usually more sensitive skin. It takes the right way to help deal with itching in pregnant women like the following.
Choose the Right Soap
When pregnant you have to be more careful when choosing skin care products, including soap. We recommend that you avoid using bath soap with ingredients detergent and perfume because it can trigger irritation and itching of the breast.
As a way to deal with itchy breasts during pregnancy, you can use bath soap with amollients or moisturizers. Choose a bath soap that is safe for pregnant women.
Use lotion regularly
The next way you can do to deal with itchy breasts during pregnancy is to keep the breast area moist when it’s itchy.
- You can use lotions with vitamin E content, as well as emollients on a regular basis. Where this content can be found in oat lotion, goat’s milk, aloe vera and cocoa.
- Use lotion at the right time, after bathing.
- Before applying lotion, make sure your breasts are dry. You can dry it using a soft towel.
Massage Using Essential Oils
You can use essential oils to help reduce itching in the breasts.
The trick is to do a gentle massage using essential oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, chamomile and tea tree to help deal with irritating itching in the breasts. It’s just that, what must be considered is that not all essential oils are safe for use by pregnant women. Therefore, it is advisable to consult your doctor before using essential oils.
Using Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly has great benefits for the skin. This petroleum jelly will maintain and restore moisture to the skin, so it can help reduce itching in the breasts. In addition, petroleum jelly also contains ingredients that are safe for the skin.
Well, how to deal with itchy breasts during pregnancy by using petroleum jelly is by applying it to the breasts when itching. Apply this petroleum jelly gently and carefully.
Wearing a Breastfeeding Bra
Nursing bras can not only be used by nursing mothers or after giving birth, but can also be used during pregnancy. Using a nursing bra will help reduce the itching that pregnant women usually experience.
- Use a comfortable nursing bra for pregnant women.
- Choose a bra that is made of soft cotton, and there is no seam in the bra on the nipple to help prevent itchy and sore nipples.
Wearing Loose Clothes
When pregnant you should wear comfortable clothes. Using comfortable clothes will make your activities more comfortable, but it can also help reduce itching in the breasts. Consider the following tips.
- Choose clothes that are loose and comfortable to use.
- You can choose clothes made of cotton. Wearing tight clothes will actually increase the risk of skin irritation.
Compress Using Cold Water
Another way you can do this is by compressing the breasts using cold water or ice.
- The trick is to please prepare ice or cold water that will be used for compressing.
- Then compress the breast for about 10 minutes to help reduce itching in the breast.
- Avoid bathing in hot water, as this can increase the risk of skin irritation.
Those are some easy ways you can do to deal with itchy breasts during pregnancy. If the itching doesn’t go away and is very annoying, even accompanied by other symptoms, you should consult a doctor.