However, parents must also be aware that this bond is not only giving breast milk but also giving attention and affection every day because the baby starts to grow so that it can recognize and realize us as parents, especially when the baby starts to smile. Therefore, we as parents should always be close so that the newborn will feel the warmth of being close to us.
Several ways to bond between us and the baby to be stronger:
- Hug is a direct touch and the best way that we can show others that we really care about the baby without saying a word, because hugging is the same way we talk to the baby. As parents, we should spend a lot of time playing with the baby by sitting quietly while holding or hugging the baby in the yard of the house or anywhere so that the baby feels comfortable with us.
- To do baby massage is one of the ways we bond with the baby, because by the way we make massage the baby will feel our touch. Examples of massage when the baby has bathed or before bed in a gentle way, such as rubbing baby oil on the baby’s arms, legs, stomach and also the baby’s back will really like it.
- At the moment breast feeding a baby try the mother to make eye contact by looking at it, it is part of the bonding because in this way the mother and the baby communicate so that the baby feels comfortable and safe when he is with us.
- Smiling is also part of our inner bond with the baby, because smiling makes the baby feel very happy. The baby can also imitate our facial expressions as parents, believe it or not. How happy we parents are when we see the baby smile for the first time, all of which will make us even more affectionate and anxious.
- Teaching reading to the baby doesn’t mean it’s too early. Due to a research and the fact that reading to babies is one of developing our intimacy with the baby. In a way we can read aloud fairy tales in the room or in the room where the baby plays, the baby will respond to us by making sounds or kicking his legs.
- We can also bond with us as parents, of course we must respond to the baby’s needs so that the baby will feel safe when he is with us. One of the ways how we can comfort the baby when crying, change the diaper when the baby is wet or give breast milk when the baby is hungry. But all what parents do does not mean we pamper or pay more attention just to make the baby feel close to us so that there is a strong inner bond between us and the baby.