As a mother, maybe you will feel proud when you see the baby’s body in good health. Give good habits to your child by giving patterns eat healthy. Food Combining can make your baby’s body work optimally. Why is that? There are things that must be considered regarding the diet in children. One of them is the habit of consuming foods that contain flavorings, preservatives, and dyes. Baby foods that should be reviewed and maintained are as follows:
1. Homemade purée is considered better than packaged puree. The puree made by Senidri is better than packaged purees, besides using natural ingredients, cleanliness is guaranteed. However, giving children pure packaging is also not wrong. As long as you make sure the ingredients are contained in the packaging and there are no preservatives, flavorings, added sugar and salt. In addition, always check the expiration date of the food base.
2. Introduce vegetables first before fruit. Basically, from birth humans are more receptive to sweetness than other tastes. This happens to children if the mother introduces the taste of vegetables, the child will refuse to eat vegetables that taste bland. But mothers don’t need to be confused about introducing vegetables or fruit to their children for the first time, they just need a few tricks to introduce them. For example, provide vegetables that tend to taste sweet like carrots, chayote, potatoes and others. If your child is more than 1 year old, the way to treat it is by boiling vegetables by adding a little sugar. In introducing food to your baby you have to be extra patient, because babies need 15-20 tries before they can consume new foods.
3. Wait for the baby to turn 1 year old to give eggs, fish and peanut butter. Baby food it is often said to be the biggest trigger food baby allergies. However, one study states that there is no evidence of having a disorder if the family history does not have a food allergy disorder. However, it must be adjusted to the ability of the digestive system in children. Eggs can be given to children
8 months old, and even then only the egg yolk. At the same age, the child can consume fish such as salmon and mackerel. While peanut butter is given to children over 1 year old, by rubbing it thinly on bread so that the child doesn’t choke.
4. Rice porridge is the first solid food given to babies. Rice porridge has always been the main food for children. It is proven to have no risk of allergies and is safe. This does not mean not choosing other foods. You can also mix it with broccoli, red meat with lots of nutrients.
5. Determine a meal schedule. This is very useful for the child to know when he is hungry or full. After the baby enters the age of 8 months, it is time for the mother to determine the child’s feeding schedule.
6. Introduce solid foods at 6 months of age. This is very directly related to the digestion of the baby to receive other intake besides breast milk. Providing solid food before the age of 6 months is very risky for digestive disorders and allergies. Read: 6 months baby food
7. Wait 3-4 days before trying other foods. Give time to adapt to the taste of the food. As well as knowing food allergic reactions to babies.