Pregnant women are certainly required to pay attention to their daily care. This is done so that the mother can ensure that her body condition remains healthy and fit, and that nutrition for the fetus is still fulfilled. Because health of pregnant women greatly affects the health of the fetus it contains. When pregnant women are not healthy, the fetus can experience the same thing. Even the fetus can catch the mother’s disease. Therefore, keeping the body healthy during pregnancy is very important to do. Doing daily care and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in several aspects is the right answer. Namely to maintain the health of pregnant women and the fetus in their womb. That way pregnant women can stay healthy during pregnancy and give birth to healthy babies too.
Everyday Care of Pregnant Women which must be considered
By doing routine daily maintenance and changing habits, of course it will be very beneficial for the mother’s body and the fetus. So, what are the treatments that should be done as a pregnant woman? let’s see the following points!
(Also Read: 19 Young Pregnant Care To Stay Healthy )
Consumption of Highly Nutritious Foods
Consume nutritious foods during pregnancy. This is one way that can encourage fetal brain development, reduce the risk of birth defects, and a healthy baby weight. In the health aspect of pregnant women, consuming high nutritious foods can reduce the risk of pregnancy. One of them is anemia and other unwanted pregnancy symptoms. If pregnant women feel nauseous, vomiting and have no appetite, you should choose foods that are not fatty. Eat small portions but often because pregnant women are encouraged to eat larger portions than before pregnancy. Good nutritious foods for consumption by pregnant women include:
- Foods that contain protein. Protein content is obtained from lean meat, chicken eggs, beans, soy products.
- Foods and drinks that contain calcium. Calcium content can be found in pasteurized milk / pregnant milk, soy milk.
- Foods that contain iron. Iron, this content can be found in green vegetables such as kale, spinach or samon fish or nuts.
- Foods containing Folic Acid. Folic acid content can be found in fruits such as papaya and banana.
- Foods that contain zinc. Zinc content can be found in seafood foods such as shrimp, crab and sea shells.
- Fruits and Vegetables that contain Vitamin C. Vitamin C content can be found in fruits such as tomatoes, oranges, strawberries and others.
- Foods that contain healthy fats. Avocados and whole grains are found in healthy fats.
Besides there are foods that must be consumed by pregnant women, there are also foods that must be avoided. Foods that pregnant women should avoid are foods that are less healthy. Such as junk food, unpasterized milk, and fish that are high in mercury. Such as tuna, raw meat and other raw processed. If pregnant women consume these foods, it is feared that they will have a bad impact. The possibility of triggering complications during pregnancy that can harm the condition of the fetus in the womb.
During pregnancy, pregnant women should get adequate rest time. This is because the body of pregnant women will tire easily from the state before pregnancy. Sleep at least 6-7 hours for pregnant women and try to nap for 1-2 hours. The sleeping position lying on your left side with bending your knees is a comfortable position during pregnancy. The sleeping position on your left side is highly recommended and is good for improving blood flow to the placenta. So that the heart works easier. Try to sleep, the feet should be higher than the body and should not hang. Because it is feared that it will make your feet swell. When sleeping, do stimulation of the fetus with your husband. Do this by frequently stroking the mother’s stomach and talking to the fetus from 16 weeks or 4 months of pregnancy.
Maintain Personal Hygiene
Not a few pregnant women who skip personal hygiene. Cleaning yourself on pregnant women is mandatory. Pregnant women can get used to maintaining personal hygiene by doing the following.
- Wash your hands with soap and running water before eating and after defecating / urinating.
- Bathing twice a day with attention to cleanliness of the breasts and pubic area.
- Wash your hair at least 2-3 times a week.
- Brush your teeth properly and regularly at least after breakfast and before bed.
- Change underwear and outerwear daily and do not let them get damp.
- Routinely check the condition of the teeth at a health facility when checking for pregnancy. This is because if there are cavities in pregnant women, it is very likely that bad things will occur. Because bacteria or viruses will easily enter the tooth cavity into the blood vessels.
Limiting Physical Activity
Healthy pregnant women can perform daily physical activities as usual. But of course you must pay attention to the health condition of the mother first and ensure that the fetus is still safe. Pregnant women are required not to do hard work like before pregnancy. Involving the husband in helping his wife to do daily work is highly recommended for pregnant women. Pregnant women must follow / do pregnancy exercises in accordance with the recommendations of the health workers around them.
Get Sufficient Fluids
It is very important for pregnant women to consume lots of fluids, especially water. A woman’s blood volume during pregnancy can increase dramatically. One way to increase blood flow throughout the body is by consuming lots of water. Sufficient drinking water needs during pregnancy by drinking at least 10 glasses of water per day. Adequate fluid intake can help prevent dehydration and constipation that often occurs in pregnant women.
Doing light exercise
Moderate exercise is very beneficial for pregnant women and the fetus they are carrying. Pregnant women can do light exercise every day for about thirty minutes. Types of exercise that can be done by pregnant women include walking, swimming, yoga and pregnancy exercise. Before doing sports, pregnant women are advised to consult with your obgyn doctor first. Especially for pregnant women who have a high risk of pregnancy. The benefits that can be obtained for pregnant women include
- Makes muscles and body strength stronger
- Able to reduce excess stress
- Able to increase energy
- Relieve constipation / constipation.
- Improve sleep quality
- Improve blood circulation and respiration
Carrying out daily care for pregnant women is of course very important for you to do. The treatment carried out will certainly be very beneficial for the health of your body and be able to support the development of the f
etus that is being carried. A normal pregnancy is a dream for every woman who is married. However, that does not mean that unwanted things cannot arise. This must be prevented, namely by paying attention to daily care that pregnant women must pay attention to. Those are some daily care things that pregnant women should pay attention to.
Hope it is useful!