Some of the reactions that can be caused by these bites are usually itching, a stinging sensation and red swelling that leaves a mark on the skin that can disappear in a day or two. However, there are also reactions that are delayed and will cause fever, itching, pain in the joints which can cause swelling of the glands. Never underestimate the insect bite. If left unchecked, it is not impossible that this insect poison can spread throughout the body and endanger health.
The reaction that will be felt in each victim who is bitten by an insect of course will be different, everyone can experience an immediate reaction or a delayed reaction, even if it is not impossible to experience both after being bitten by an insect or stung by a bee. In addition, the reactions that can be caused by the bites / stings of these insects are also categorized as very severe (anaphylaxis). Only a small proportion of people experience anaphylactic allergic reactions to insect venom.
The signs and symptoms of a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) include:
- Swollen face
- Difficulty Breathing
- Pain in the stomach
- Decrease in blood pressure and circulation (shock)
These reactions usually occur as a result of the stings of wasps, bees and fire ants. Mosquito, ant, flea, spider and some scorpions bites can also cause anaphylactic reactions. However, when insect bites / stings attack you while you are doing activities both at home and outside the house, there is no need to panic, do the following as quick help.
Here’s Quick Help When Stung / Bitten by Insects
- The first time you are attacked by an insect bite, move the victim to a safe area to avoid the reach of insects that can attack again.
- Remove any insects or bees that sting if they are still on your skin. This is to reduce or prevent the release of toxins in greater quantities.
- Clean the affected area with soap or water.
- Apply an ice cube to the bitten or sting area to reduce swelling, pain and inflammation.
- Another way many people use to relieve swelling caused by insect bites or attacks is by applying toothpaste. By applying toothpaste to the bite wound, it will reduce the risk of irritation. Mint or peppermint flavor is a toothpaste flavor that can effectively treat insect bites.
- If the pain is excruciating, you should take pain relievers to relieve the pain caused by an insect bite or sting. Or you can apply a cream / ointment to relieve pain and itching as a reaction caused by an insect attack. But of course, these drugs and ointments must of course be according to doctor’s recommendations and prescriptions.
Here are some help you can do when you or someone around you is bitten or stung by an insect. By knowing these few tips, you will know what to do when conditions like this suddenly occur. That way there will be no more panic and confusion when this condition occurs.