The symptoms that can be recognized in babies who suffer from febrile convulsions, namely the baby’s body will jerk accompanied by stiffness, then changes occur in the baby’s eyes that rotate even in a severe condition your baby seems not breathing, due to disturbed breathing, salivating accompanied by gag. Even though it only lasts for a few seconds, it rarely lasts long but still worries the mother. You better give it away first aid in your child who has febrile seizures, because if help is late it will trigger serious diseases such as brain damage in children.
Here are some first aid steps you can take when your baby has a fever:
- You can move your baby to a safe place such as a mattress or floor, keep it away from objects that can harm your child, including hard objects and sharp objects.
- When your baby vomits, immediately tilt his head to the right or left side so that vomit can easily flow from the baby’s mouth, this can also help the baby not to choke.
- When your baby has a seizure, you should avoid tight clothing as it will make it difficult for him to breathe.
- After your child is completely conscious, you can lower his body temperature by compressing it with warm water
- Do not put objects such as spoons in your baby’s mouth as this can lead to choking and respiratory problems
- You should not hold or hold your baby while your baby is having a seizure because it will trigger a bad condition for your child.
- After your child is given first aid, it does not mean not giving him medical treatment, however, your child really needs some medicines according to the doctor’s prescription, so take your child to the doctor immediately to get medical treatment.
Thus for you as a parent, a febrile seizure does not mean your child has epilepsy. Due to the condition of a child suffering from epilepsy, the seizures last longer, can reach 15 minutes and are not accompanied by fever. Give proper help to babies who have febrile seizures. Fever seizures can occur in children if the body temperature changes to an extreme, even some seizures can occur unexpectedly. Immediately take it to the doctor or hospital to get the right medicine according to your child’s age.