Ramadan is the most eagerly awaited month in each year, people are usually very enthusiastic when welcoming it.
The month of Ramadan is a month full of blessings. When the month of Ramadan comes, all Muslims are encouraged to observe compulsory fasting. However, usually some mothers who still provide breast milk for their children decide not to fast so that their children’s nutritional needs can be fulfilled. However there are also somebreastfeeding mothers who still decide to follow the fast. There is no prohibition for breastfeeding mothers not to fast. Breastfeeding mothers can still fast as long as the baby is healthy. To be sure, usually breastfeeding mothers must first check the midwife or obstetrician.
When breaking or sahur, nursing mothers must pay attention to their nutritional intake so that breast milk is still available and of good quality. Sahur is the time when pregnant women choose the best type of food. Certain food ingredients are highly recommended for consumption by nursing mothers, one of which is chayote. Chayote is a food ingredient that can facilitate breastfeeding. Even though he is fasting, it is hoped that milk production will continue to run smoothly. Chayote is rich in fiber. Which fiber itself is very good for avoiding constipation. In addition, chayote also contains high enough folic acid. Folic acid is beneficial for baby growth and brain development. Not only that, chayote is believed to be able to make breast milk production more smoothly.
To make the meal more appetizing, chayote can be processed into a delicious dish. Yellow spiced chayote is one of the dishes that can be served for a nursing mother’s meal. Here is a recipe and how to make yellow spiced squash for the sahur menu for nursing mothers.
Ingredients For Making Yellow Seasoned Chayote Vegetable For Breastfeeding Mother’s Sahur Menu
The Main Ingredients of Yellow Seasoned Chayote
- 500 grams of chayote
- 1 carrot
- 1 1/2 liters coconut milk
- Right amount of oil
Yellow Seasoned Chayote Vegetable Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 cm galangal
- 2 cm turmeric
- 3 candlenuts, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 shallots
- Salt to taste
- Seasoning to taste
- Sugar to taste
How to Make Yellow Seasoned Chayote Vegetable for a Savory and Delicious Breastfeeding Mother’s Sahur Menu
How to Prepare Materials
- The first step you have to do is prepare the tools needed to cook this dish. Some tools need to be prepared such as knives, pans, spatulas, cutting boards, mortar and so on. Take the chayote that you have prepared. then peel the chayote until clean. Cut the chayote and rub the two parts until the sap comes out. If it’s like that, cut the chayote into matches. Then wash it clean.
- Then, peel the carrots too. Then cut it like a match. If so, wash again until clean.
- Crush lemongrass and galangal.
- Then wash the bay leaves.
- Blend some spices such as roasted hazelnut, turmeric, shallots and garlic. You can smooth the spices using a mortar or blender to make it more practical and the results you get are smooth.
How to Make Yellow Seasoned Chayote Vegetable
- Save the skillet that you will use to cook this vegetable on the stove. Then pour the cooking oil into the skillet. Let stand and wait for the cooking oil to heat. If the oil is like that, you can add the spices that have been mashed. Stir and saute ground spices until cooked evenly and fragrant.
- Next, add the crushed lemongrass and galangal stems together with the bay leaves. Stir until all the spices are wilted.
- Take coconut milk, then pour it into the pan. Stir well to mix with the spices and let the coconut milk boil.
- After the coconut milk boils, add the carrots and chayote in it. Stir until the two ingredients are cooked.
- Add seasonings such as coriander powder, ground peppercorns, salt, sugar and flavorings. Stir well until the spices dissolve. Cook again until all ingredients are cooked and seasonings are absorbed. If it’s like that, serve the vegetables in a bowl or serving place. Serve this vegetable while it’s still warm to make it even better.
Breastfeeding mothers who are fasting are strongly encouraged to consume lots of fluids. Expand to consume water from the time of breaking the fast until dawn or before the ruling. In addition, for additional fluid intake, you can consume milk, warm sweet tea or fruit juice. Drinking milk at dawn can reduce the risk of anemia or lack of blood. For the sake of smoothness of breast milk when breaking it is recommended to drink warm drinks. In addition, it is very good for breastfeeding mothers to consume dates. Dates will provide benefits because they contain a complete composition in it.
That’s the chayote recipe for the mother’s meal. Happy trying and hopefully useful.