Back Pain During Pregnancy – When pregnant, a woman’s body will experience changes, including hormonal changes, as well as pelvic muscles. Where because these changes can make pregnant women experience back pain. Usually this condition can be experienced during the second trimester of pregnancy.
How to Overcome Back Pain During Pregnancy
To help relieve discomfort caused by back pain during pregnancy, you can try the following ways.
The back pain you experience during pregnancy will certainly be uncomfortable. What’s more, the pain you feel will interfere with your daily activities. Well, one way that can be done is by doing a back compress.
- You can compress your back using a towel filled with ice cubes. You can do this cold compress for about 20 minutes. In a day you can repeat this several times.
- After doing it for three days, you can replace it with a warm compress. The trick is, fill the bottle with warm water. Then stick the warm water bottle on your back.
- In addition, when you take a warm shower you can also add essential oils or Epsom salts. In this way it might help relieve back pain that you are experiencing.
Improving your posture will help reduce discomfort from back pain during pregnancy. Well, you should pay attention to the following things.
- You should not turn your body or bend over when sitting or standing.
- In addition, pregnant women are advised not to stay long in one particular position.
- To avoid pain, stand or sit up straight, stretch your back periodically.
- Back pain experienced by pregnant women can also be relieved by the right sleeping position. Choose a sleeping position on your side by placing a pillow between your knees, on your back and lower abdomen. In addition, using a stomach support will also help reduce back pain during pregnancy.
Massage is one way that is often done to deal with pain in certain parts of the body. It’s just that, when pregnant, mothers should not massage carelessly.
- Before deciding to do massage, you can consult with your doctor first. Does your condition allow for massage or not.
- Then when doing massage, you can do massage on the lower back and the entire back.
- You can ask a partner or professional therapist to give you a gentle massage. This massage will help relieve fatigue and muscle pain.
As we know, exercise has great benefits for health. When pregnant you can’t do your usual sports. You must do light exercise and it is safe for pregnant women. There are several sports that are specifically designed for pregnant women.
- Sports that are safe to do during pregnancy are prenatal yoga, Kegel exercises, walking, pilates and swim.
- However, before doing sports it would be better if you consult your doctor first. You can ask what exercise recommendations are suitable for your pregnancy condition because the condition of each mother’s pregnancy is different.
Those are some easy and simple ways to deal with back pain during pregnancy. When pregnant, it is not recommended to wear high shoes. In addition, when going to take something on the floor, avoid immediately bending your body, you can bend your knees first. If the pain does not go away or gets worse, you should consult a doctor.