Thrush or in medical terms is known as aphthous stomatitis which is defined as inflammation or inflammation that occurs in the mucosal layer (mucous membrane) of the mouth, which is found on the inner lips, gums, tongue, inner cheeks, and palate. Inflammation or inflammation of this canker sores usually begins with mucosal tissue that is irritated and causes a red rash, then ulcers or sores or feet are formed, the sores can be round, oval, or even irregular and have a well-defined wound edge. . Usually this canker sores are yellowish white with a slightly sunken surface of the wound.
Even though these canker sores look small and trivial, the pain they cause is very painful, especially when eating food, talking, brushing teeth, and tends to cause bad breath. Therefore, it is better if the canker sores attack immediately treat it, especially the pain that is so annoying. Although in fact canker sores will heal on their own.
Here are a number of ways to treat and treat thrush.
1. Know the trigger factors for the appearance of thrush
Before knowing how to deal with the canker sores, we must first identify what factors can trigger the canker sores.
- The causative factor that often triggers canker sores, is due to the mouth that is bitten when you eat or are very chatting. Or it could be when you eat while chatting, because the focus of chewing is disturbed by talking.
- Thrush can arise due to lack of nutrients such as Vitamin C which can cause canker sores, B 12 and iron.
- Oral hygiene is not well maintained, such as rarely brushing your teeth. This can also cause canker sores.
- Consuming too much hot and spicy as well as spicy chips, spicy vegetables, fried foods, chili sauce and others.
- In addition, canker sores can also be caused by using a health product that is not suitable for us, such as using toothpaste or oral health products that are not compatible with our mouth.
- Or it could be that this canker sores arise as a cause of the ambient temperature conditions in your environment.
To find out more specifically what is the cause of the thrush you are currently feeling, you can recall what activities you did a week ago or on previous days related to oral health. After the cause is known, now we move on to the next step.
2. Stopping the Cause of Thrush
As discussed above, there are several things that can trigger canker sores, such as one of the causes is consuming too much spicy and hot food, and for that, stop consuming these foods. Meanwhile, if the canker sores are caused by a lack of nutritional intake such as Vitamin C, then consume more foods that contain large amounts of vitamin C, you can get the benefits of this vitamin C from vegetables and fruits, such as citrus fruits which are known as fruit with a source of vitamin C so abundant. However, if the cause of canker sores is triggered by a lack of oral hygiene, then start diligently to always maintain oral hygiene to stay healthy and clean. By maintaining oral hygiene as well as preventing the incidence of complaints of diseases that occur in the mouth.
3. Eliminate the Pain Caused by Sprue
There are several steps you can take to get rid of the pain caused by thrush in the following ways, such as: ‘
- Using paracetamol or mefenamic drugs. To be able to relieve the pain caused by thrush, you can choose anti-septic mouthwash or oral medication. For drugs taken, you can use paracetamol or mefenamate, but remember to always pay attention to the dosage of the drug you are taking to avoid unwanted things.
- Take Vitamins. One of the causes of canker sores is due to lack of nutrients, such as vitamins Vtaman c, B 12, iron and folic acid which also play a role in preventing and healing the wounds left by canker sores. This is where the consumption of vitamins is needed to replace the intake of vitamins that are lacking in the body.
- Use Baking Soda and Salt Toothpaste. In addition, you can also make your own medicinal ingredients by making toothpaste with mixed salt and baking soda. The trick, quite simply, you only need to mix baking soda with salt mixed with enough water. Then apply it to the part of the mouth that has sprue sores. Then let stand for about 10 minutes, before rinsing with water.
- Consume Yogurt. The consumption of yogurt can maintain the balance of bacteria in the mouth and body. Thus you will be able to speed up the healing process of the canker sores that you are currently experiencing. In addition, by consuming it regularly, that means, you have prevented canker sores.
- Consume Garlic and Papaya. You can also treat canker sores with garlic or papaya, which you can apply directly to the ulcer wound.
- Coconut Water Consumption. Believe it or not, coconut water is considered to be cooling so it can calm the digestive system. In addition, it is also good for dealing with dehydration and also good for treating canker sores.
- Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables. The goal is to meet the needs of vitamins in the body, including a lack of vitamin C as one of the triggers for canker sores.
4. Go to a doctor
If you have done some of the steps above, but the canker sores still don’t heal within 4 to 7 days, you should immediately contact your doctor. This is important, so you can get a more serious handler to avoid the spread of other diseases caused by thrush.
5. Treating Thrush With Special Conditions
In special conditions such as angular chelitis, which is canker sores that affect the lip creases, which can require special treatment with B vitamins and topical medications in the form of anti-biotic creams combined with 1% hydrocortisone. But to get it you must get a doctor’s prescription.
And there you have it, some easy ways to treat canker sores that are so annoying. Remember! Do not easily believe by doing thrush treatment based on myths that are not based on scientific knowledge, any mistakes will actually worsen the canker sores.